“I'll try elsewhere. Too many insects this summer.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Rutland B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Cheapest place I saw in the area, esp with travel coupon. (off-season) But I had 4 different kinds of flying insects, one in abundance. Had to smush them all before I felt ok to go to sleep. (But I checked and didn't find bed bugs, hooray.)

Otherwise it would have been more or less tolerable. Staff was pleasant. Appliances (esp AC) worked fine. The rest was so-so, just what I'd expect in an older motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 19, 2011

The room was way to small. The beds had the original plastic wrapper on them making sleep noisy and hot. Some weird old guys hanging out. The kids working in the office were great! No breakfast. Rooms just too small for any comfort. The Red Roof down the road is much nicer and about the same price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Will never stay at this motel again. On site management ignored unruly guests behavior. I had 2 days with no sleep because of inconsiderate and immature behavior by almost everyone else staying there. I was intimidated by the number of people that were out of line. I felt powerless to do anything about it short of calling the authorities, which I did not do for fear of repercussion. I did not contact the front desk because I had been informed at check in that no one would be available at the front desk after 1030 pm. I was not aware until I checked out that MANAGEMENT LIVED ON THE PROPERTY!!! I am considering no longer using Choice Hotels because of this experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank casellem
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I can't even start with a good comment. Started with the AC vibrating, thought it was going to fall out of the wall. Address front office on it and all I got wa s"we've never had this happen before". They did nothing about it. then the pool had something like dog hair in it and the front office again only said " we don't have any dogs here". The room wa not clean, the linens hd holes in the bedsheets the size of quarters. The shower head if moved would fall off. Whatever you do dont' asks for more towels...We had siz people staying in the family room and only had 4 towels. Asked for more and it was a fight, they sid they would give us more in the morning when they cleaned. The list is endless of problems we encountered during out stay here. Needless to say instead of staying the 2-3 nights planned we checked out after 1 night. Management was never around to talk to and never offered anything off the stay. They even had the nerve to send a letter (by the way not on letterhead just plain paper) for a % off our next stay. like that will happen after the horrorible service and accomadations there. Even contacted Rodway headquarters and never heard from them...RODWAY INN not the place to stay!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jmt62
Reviewed September 11, 2010

For the money it's fine really. Service was pleasant and breakfast was suggested. Beds covered with a plastic liner so no bed bugs at all. Fridge and microwave both in the room, steambath option in bathroom. Outdated, yes, but sufficient and economical for the night. Bring hair conditioner as the only offer soaps and shampoo. Enjoy some Baliwood soaps too lol :) We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Malamik
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I read a couple of reviews after I had booked and was dreading the stay but it was not as bad as I thought. The room was clean and a little on the small side. Very convenient location and a perfectly acceptable place to stay for one or two nights at a really affordable price. No exactly soundproof and we could hear some road noise but other than that it worked fine.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2010

My folks have been going to this motel since the 60s anyway, and i have some nice memories of it from years ago. It never was posh, just a nice, low budget family motel. Habit is a funny thing; it makes you go back a half a dozen times after you decided maybe it is time to move on. We notice how they don't keep it up; how it just gets a little worse each time. I think these foreigners who run it are doing the best they can, but they come from a different culture. The breakfast, which was not done in the old days, is not an improvement. I've seen them set out donuts so old you're afraid to touch them. You can get a good breakfast down the street at Sewards, which unlike this place, is delightfully unchanged. This once comfy little motel in Rutland ain't what it used to be.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutland
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Econo Lodge
#6 of 12 in Rutland
Killington-Pico Motor Inn
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!