“Disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Had heard good things I ordered chicken and it was not totally cooked so I sent it back. They cheerfully handled the problem. Unfortunately the chicken was rubbery. Maybe they need a different chicken breast supplier. The others in
my party seemed to enjoy their meals. There is a patio on back which is nice but the tables are cheap and flimsy and chairs cheap plastic and not comfy. Maybe I will try a lunch sandwich.

2  Thank aedrbf
There are newer reviews for Kelvans

Reviewed February 15, 2012

We visited Kelvans for dinner on Valentine's Day and everything was fabulous. In addition to the regular menu, they offered a special "price fixe" of $35 per couple for a shared appetizer, individual entrees, and a shared dessert, and everything was well worth it!

We shared an appetizer of fried oysters which were done perfectly. My wife's entree consisted of a nice portion of salmon, rice and a vegetable, and they were done perfectly.

I had a lobster tail that was admittedly very small, but tasty, with an outstanding fillet mignon in accompanying sauce, with asparagus and fingerling potatoes. (My fillet was rare, as I ordered, and was one of the tastiest and most tender I have had in a long time.)

Our shared dessert was a "blonde" brownie, with three scoops of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream -- more than enough for two to share!

The service was terrific, friendly and prompt, even though they were obviously busy. We had no complaints of any kind. We'd been there before, and this was excellent, as always.

2  Thank Vermonter33
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My colleagues and I often have lunch here. The food is fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. I particularly recommend their soups and salads. The staff are also very friendly and helpful.

2  Thank flabrit
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Went to dinner with friends on Mexican night. The server was very pleasant and helpful. The food very good.

2  Thank PhantomProctor_VT