“Kelvans was great for Valentine's Day!”
Review of Kelvans

Kelvans
Ranked #14 of 117 Restaurants in Rutland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rutland, Vermont
“Kelvans was great for Valentine's Day!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We visited Kelvans for dinner on Valentine's Day and everything was fabulous. In addition to the regular menu, they offered a special "price fixe" of $35 per couple for a shared appetizer, individual entrees, and a shared dessert, and everything was well worth it!

We shared an appetizer of fried oysters which were done perfectly. My wife's entree consisted of a nice portion of salmon, rice and a vegetable, and they were done perfectly.

I had a lobster tail that was admittedly very small, but tasty, with an outstanding fillet mignon in accompanying sauce, with asparagus and fingerling potatoes. (My fillet was rare, as I ordered, and was one of the tastiest and most tender I have had in a long time.)

Our shared dessert was a "blonde" brownie, with three scoops of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream -- more than enough for two to share!

The service was terrific, friendly and prompt, even though they were obviously busy. We had no complaints of any kind. We'd been there before, and this was excellent, as always.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Vermonter33

Mendon, Vermont
“Very good food and friendly service”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My colleagues and I often have lunch here. The food is fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. I particularly recommend their soups and salads. The staff are also very friendly and helpful.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank flabrit
Proctor, VT
“Good food with good value”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Went to dinner with friends on Mexican night. The server was very pleasant and helpful. The food very good.

Visited January 2012