“this is not really a restaurant”
Review of Jia Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Jia Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a gas station. It provides take-out Indian food from a steam table. The bread appears to be made elsewhere, but I can't state that I am sure of this. The food is OK. I wish I could be more charitable in my review, but I can't.

1  Thank AngusMacTavish0

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We love Indian food, and when we travel we tend to look for Indian restaurants. We saw Jia listed in TripAdvisor, and had to give it a try. Placed the order coming back from Saratoga, food was ready just as we were getting there, and brought it back to our hotel. The food was excellent for each of the four dishes we selected. Everything was very fresh, and tasted exceptional. The only reason we gave it a 4 was because we asked for the Vindaloo to be spicy, and it was moderate at best. Perhaps for the area, that is as spicy as it gets. Bottom line, if you don't mind take-out, this is definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank joysinell
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great authentic Indian food and friendly service, despite the weird location in a gas station!
Wish they would open a sit down restaurant.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

How I wish that the owners would open a restaurant. Picking up take-out at a gas station initially sounds a little weird, but don't let that discourage you. Jia has excellent service, with phone orders usually ready to pick up in 10 to 15 minutes. I've never had an order wrong, and I've ordered scores of times. All of the dishes we've tried have been big winners - I'm fixated on the shahi paneer korma - fantastic. My husband usually orders the meat special of the day and has not been disappointed. Their prices are so reasonable - I get two meals out of a single order. They provide a generous portion of rice with every serving. I wish they had pakoras but they don't. I haven't been excited about their naan, so I don't order it. Their mango lassi is as good as any I've had. Just wirting this review has me wanting to head over to jia, buy the cheapest gas in town, and get shahi paneer korma. Cheerful owners, and you can watch your meal being prepared behind the counter if you wish.

1  Thank VTLongTimeTraveler
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Although it is called a restaurant, Jia is a take-out business, housed in a gas station in Rutland, Vermont. The food is excellent, and well worth the trip and you can either sit and eat in your car, in a parking space outside, or take your food home where it tastes just as good. I have done both! The Indian family who run the food service are extremely polite and helpful and will explain any of the dishes that you may be unsure about. The food is fresh and fragrant; the week day lunches come with a generous cup of Mango Lassi; I just wish they were closer to where we live!

1  Thank Grandmasfootsteps