“Friendly service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandwich Shoppe

Sandwich Shoppe
Ranked #11 of 116 Restaurants in Rutland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Montreal, Canada
“Friendly service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went in for breakfast because we needed to have breakfast and because it is #1 in Rutland.

Monday morning at 10:30am ... the place is empty. We are the only customer...found it weird for the #1 restaurant in Rutland because the restaurant right across the street had customer and the little bakery on the corner was full of customer.

Service was good and friendly, very polite and happy guy at the counter, thanked us about 10 times for being his customers ( not annoying at all, he was happy and he made us feel happy ).

As for breakfast sandwich, there is not a large amount of choices....we had one sandwich with egg, cheese and bacon, and the other one was with ham.

Did it taste good ? yes...good, not special or different or excellent. ( personally I find eggs blend if not seasoned with a little salt and pepper )

I liked my sandwich and my girlfriend really liked hers...but I am sorry to say "not #1" food...

Would I go again ? Yes...NOT for breakfast, but I would give them a second chance for lunch.

I do not recommend it for breakfast.

Was my review helpful ? If so, please click the "yes" just bellow !

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank sebas_030

Rutland, Vermont
“The Place in Downtown Rutland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Whether it is breakfast or lunch, this is the place to be. Service with laughter, smiles and you feel like your a part of their family from the moment you walk in. If you have courage, try the Skyscraper, a monster sandwich that will get you on the Wall of Fame if you can finish it. Custom made sandwiches and an entire wall and then some of menu items. Nice day, sit outside and enjoy the lovely downtown.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank VermontStrong
Stuyvesant, New York
“go there even if not hungry - the owners are worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was passing through Rutland, stopped by Sandwich Shoppe - and it made my trip. The owners of the place are as friendly and fun as people can be … and the food was very good quality. Lots of options too. If I lived in the area, I'd be a regular.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank ken l
Rutland, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Great Family Business!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Really good homecooked food with a friendly environment. The People who own it are very nice and friendly. Overall great experience. Want to and probably will.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Selena R
Vermont
“Almost as good as mom's meatloaf.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Overwhelming menu options but the family behind the counter super friendly and allows you to take it all in even during noontime rush. Had the Downtowner: meatloaf, bacon and swiss grilled. Will definitely come back. Many people ahead of me ordered the Reuben.. that might be the next venture. Awesome sandwich shop.

• Visited February 2014