“A bit over rated on that other website that sounds like a dog's bark.”

Johnny Boy's Pancake House
Ranked #8 of 116 Restaurants in Rutland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ivoryton, Connecticut
“A bit over rated on that other website that sounds like a dog's bark.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had breakfast here on Sunday. There was a little bit of a wait but that was not a problem. There were a lot of items on the menu and as I usually gravitate towards omelets, that was where I went. I picked the Cajun as I am a fan of chorizo. Once it arrived I knew something was wrong. I don't care how big the portion is, too much of something bad is not a positive. The omelet was more of a overcooked scramble. It was hard to taste the ingredients that were competing with the dried out overcooked eggs. My wife's Greek omelet was the same.

On the plus side, the staff was friendly and they were on top of refilling my wife's coffee.

One other note. The pictures posted here are of their Killington location, not the one in Rutland.

• Visited September 2013

Weston
“Just an average place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We've been here a few times. Both for breakfast and for lunch. It was okay both times. I thought it was a bit pricey 26. For breakfast for two people and 52 for lunch for three plus a four year old. I will say the portions seem large. My husband had a Reuben and said it was very good.

• Visited July 2013
Vermont
“Yummy French Toast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have had their french toast a few times and it is always yummy! The service is good too. My only complaint is when we go in the winter, it is ALWAYS TOO COLD! I end up leaving my winter jacket on every time. In the summer it's fine temperature wise though. Prices seem average. I would go here over Clem's any day!

• Visited December 2012
Middletown, Connecticut
“Best place ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

WOW I love this place-- we discovered this place the last time we went to VT and it was on a must return for my family

Visited July 2013
Vermont
“WOW! Service beyond!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

As we live right here in Rutland, VT where Johnny Boy's is located, it is super hard to make a review even better. Well, that just happened last weekend. As we usually go here at least 2 times a month, and basically have the samething (his corned beef hash is to die for, as is his Marscapone/Amaretto/fresh strawberry french toast) you cannot go wrong. But this day, my hubby decided he wanted something 'DIFFERENT' from his 2 eggs over easy, hash browns, sausage patties, side of corned beef hash, and toast. So, he asked our waitress...."Can I have an omlette, with bacon, churrico (spl), sausage, 3 cheeses, etc". She said "Sure, I'll let Johnny know". Well, that HUGE omlette was AMAZING!!! As I had my usual 'Amaretto/marscapone/french toast', I did have QUITE a few bites of my hubby's new omlette. Wow, it was amazing. You could taste the applewood smoked bacon, and each of the wonderful flavors Johnny put into that dish. Yet, not one piece of that dish overpowered the other~~they ALL melded into delish!! Johnny later came by to ask how my hubby liked the dish, as he KNOWS his customer's and when someone goes off the 'grid' on something new, he likes to hear. Johnny was proud that my hubby LOVED IT, and especially that I TOO , had quite a few bites as I AM the FRENCH TOAST GIRL!! Again, a great place, incredible food, and wonderful staff who will delight your palete. And, ESPECIALLY a CHEF , who , as Johnny said ....."I WILL MAKE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT~~NAME IT, I CAN DO IT!" :)

• Visited July 2013