“WOW! Service beyond!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Vermont
“WOW! Service beyond!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As we live right here in Rutland, VT where Johnny Boy's is located, it is super hard to make a review even better. Well, that just happened last weekend. As we usually go here at least 2 times a month, and basically have the samething (his corned beef hash is to die for, as is his Marscapone/Amaretto/fresh strawberry french toast) you cannot go wrong. But this day, my hubby decided he wanted something 'DIFFERENT' from his 2 eggs over easy, hash browns, sausage patties, side of corned beef hash, and toast. So, he asked our waitress...."Can I have an omlette, with bacon, churrico (spl), sausage, 3 cheeses, etc". She said "Sure, I'll let Johnny know". Well, that HUGE omlette was AMAZING!!! As I had my usual 'Amaretto/marscapone/french toast', I did have QUITE a few bites of my hubby's new omlette. Wow, it was amazing. You could taste the applewood smoked bacon, and each of the wonderful flavors Johnny put into that dish. Yet, not one piece of that dish overpowered the other~~they ALL melded into delish!! Johnny later came by to ask how my hubby liked the dish, as he KNOWS his customer's and when someone goes off the 'grid' on something new, he likes to hear. Johnny was proud that my hubby LOVED IT, and especially that I TOO , had quite a few bites as I AM the FRENCH TOAST GIRL!! Again, a great place, incredible food, and wonderful staff who will delight your palete. And, ESPECIALLY a CHEF , who , as Johnny said ....."I WILL MAKE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT~~NAME IT, I CAN DO IT!" :)

• Visited July 2013

Connecticut
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The food here was amazing. On our next trip to VT we will be going back here. I had amaretto strawberry french toast with mascarpone cheese. Need I say more. Fantastic.

Visited May 2013
Morristown, New Jersey
“Really Good”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Huge portions, really pretty interior - cozy and unique, friendly service, honest service, very inexpensive! Food was incredible, so fresh and wholesome and good. Tons of variety - will please everyone. Meals were between $4 and $12 maximum. ONLY complaint was slow on coffee, and as a high coffee drinker this was excuciating, they were so kind and polite I didnt want to complain!

• Visited March 2013
Maryland
“Great food and service”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Not sure what the other review was talking about. We ate here three out of four mornings that we were skiing at Killington. The portions are huge, and the food quality is good. I took home leftovers, there was so much food. Creative pancake options like cranberry walnut, coconut chocolate chip, etc. We also enjoyed hearty omelets and perfect home fries. We had the same waiter every day; he memorized our drink order. We went to the location closest to Killington resort, not Rultand. Prices were in line with everything else in the area. The decor is pleasant and we were served quickly. It's a good choice; you won't be sorry.

• Visited January 2013
Brandon, VT
“Variety...variety...variety”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I brought my brother and sister-in-law for breakfast on Sunday morning. The parking lot was full. We were greeting by a hostess and given our menus with two sheets of specials. As I said above..."variety." I tried the Mexican scramble. It had just the right spicy kick. The plate was piled high with food that came out promptly after ordering.