“the employees”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

So even during a , complete remodel during a busy summer months, the people of the hotel went way out of the way too make sure that you would be happy. . We stayed for a month for work and they even had breakfast ready at 530 am for us. Ifyou wanttostay some time i would
suggest the most nice 9er wk or night prices also.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were going to stay a week while conducting personal business. We asked to look at a room and manager was polite.pool area half trashed. Halls and room smelled like the sewer.also the weekly rate doesn't include breakfast or pool access. That's the dumbest!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jvmburlington
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was the most inexpensive room stayed in on our trip but we liked it the best. Parked close to our room.

Breakfast was friendly and good. The attendant went out of his way to please.

The facility is showing its age but the air conditioner was the quietest of any we had on our trip and the people were friendly.

It looks like they are upgrading as there were lots of construction materials on site.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2013

There are a lot of charming towns in Vermont. Rutland isn't one of them. Still, it's not far from a lot of area attractions, recreation, and Vermont's breathtaking scenery.

The Quality Inn is located on Rutland's main Rt. 7 strip mall littered highway, which is dotted with several other motels. The hotel lobby facade, which is easily visible from the highway, looks new and fresh.

Upon arrival, the hotel clerk was pleasant and cooperative. Check-in was fast and painless.

Part of the area between the parking spots and rooms revealed the hotel's recent reconstruction: There were boards covered by a tarp. While I didn't use the indoor pool, I noticed one side of that area was also used as a storage spot of sorts, and covered with the same style blue tarp that decorated the outside walkway.

The corridor to the room was dim, and smelled like a cigarette. Even my non-smoking room had a hint of the same odor, but it wasn't as strong as the hallway.

The room was small, and generally the furnishings, including the bed cover, were pretty worn out. Underneath the dingy bed cover though, I found clean sheets and a soft, fairly comfortable bed.

There was a small tube TV, ( the TV channel selection was minimal, with perhaps 10 stations available) and refrigerator underneath a small microwave. I didn't have need for either.

The bright, spacious bathroom looked brand new, and the shower worked great.

The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast, but I didn't stay late enough to try it.

For my visit, Rutland was simply a place to sleep, and this Quality Inn served it's purpose. Neither the hotel or the city would be considered "garden spots" in the scenic state of Vermont, but my expectations were not high. I got what I paid for, which wasn't very much.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am a Choice Privileges member for 5 years and I could not believe this was even a choice. Room was dirty and not like the photos shown on line. Bathroom had ants and ceiling peeling. Mold and tissue box hanging. Phone was disgusting. Chairs looked like they came from the dump. Hall was dark and hall carpet was bad. Would never stay there or some of the other places in Rutland. Ask to check the room and turn the lights on. Customer beware.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank twinsdesign
Reviewed June 14, 2013

As a Choice Privileges member, I opt to stay in participating hotels to earn points toward free stays or rewards. Since I did not know anyone in Vermont, the reservations for this hotel were made based on the pictures online. I travel enough to know the condition of each hotel depends on the owners/management. Instead of blindly checking in, I request to see the room prior to check in. As I walked down the hall toward the room, the filth of the hall carpet was sickening and there were huge whitish bleach marks on the carpet where something was filthy enough to receive some attempt to clean. The walls were stained, the smell was bad, the hall was very, very dimly lit (maybe in hopes the dim light would keep anyone from noticing the near black, grimy carpet). Only 3/4 of the way down the hall and I wanted to scrub my eyes with cleaner just from seeing someplace this nasty. Obviously, the online photos were either very old, stock photos or some very talented trick photography to hide how run down and dirty the place is. The man at the desk did not seem surprised when I returned to the desk with the key saying this is not the type of hotel I stay in. If they did not care how filthy the hallway appeared to potential customers - how horrid must the rooms be? Thankfully, there were other hotels in town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Disgusting does not fully describe my visit. First of all I checked in and went to the room and I felt like I entered a basement that flooded multiple times. Room wasn't ready until about 6pm. Entering the room I was greeted by the smell of mold, urine and 99cent carpet cleaner. The carpet was beyond old, very worn and extremely dirty. I actually took towels from pool to lay on carpet. Also there was a hole in carpet from where a wall was. No mirror, shelf, hanger or anything to put anything on. I guess it's asking to much for somewhere to hang a coat from. Please be aware that there is also low income housing in the building.

Room Tip: PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. Rooms smell like urine. Low income housing on top floor