“Things that make you go....HUH?”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I booked a KING room online with Trip Advisor, and then when we checked-in, I was told there were NO KING BEDS in the whole hotel!!!!...HUH?. When I pressed the issue, the men (it took 2 men to be able to talk with me, as their English was weak), told me that there was ONE King room, but it was sold already...HUH? What up with this? I was given a room with 2 queens in it instead, with no cost difference....HUH? I asked for a cost discount for the room change....NOPE! HUH?... ALSO when I called to confirm my room in the morning, I didn't get anyone who understood English, and I was told that my confirmation was not a good number...HUH? Finally, between being incredibly patient and talking to 3 different people, my confirmation number was OK'd....HUH? TOO MUCH WORK on my part to stay at this hotel. Scalding hot water in the shower! Broken armchair in my room! Weird smells in the hallway. AND the exterior door in the back of the building was broken, so anyone off the street could have entered the hotel....HUH? HUH? HUH?

Scary place.... will never return or tell anyone to stay here unless it is an emergency.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for the first time in my life in an American motel, and gosh I was not disapointed.

We had 4 rooms for 2 nights with 8 adults and 4 kids.

Yes, the rooms were old and partly damaged from long use, but cleaning was done as much as possible and daily.
Yes, I would never go the clorine stinking pool and the coffee was for sure not done on a WMF or Bremer machine to match my 5 star hotel taste, but it was hot and of reasonable quality
Yes, there were an interesting bunch of people all around the motel, from tatoo bikers to sales people to old classic ford T car enthusiasts, but all friendly and nice

Overall it is a Motel, did cost only US$60 including breakfast for 3, we did sleep the 2 nights wihtout major incidents, the shower water was hot, what more can you expect and demand for that price.

If I would have to travel to Ruthland again, well I might end up there again for lack of a Hilton or Crowne Plaza . . .

Not as bad as mentioned in other reviews

Room Tip: main building, upper floor, away from the main street
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
econoinn, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you Trip Adviser member for your honest feedback. Ramada Limited is in the process of its renovation process. Many rooms have been updated. And you are right, we do have some of the friendliest staff in the business that genuinely want to provide excellent service. We work diligently to exceed our guests expectations.

I also agree with you that our coffee is really good.. I drink lots of it when I have the time. I highly recommend our breakfast option. It is one of the largest complimentary breakfasts of any hotel in the city in our comp set. Contact our Regional Director on the property for group discounts when you are in the local area next time if you are here with a medium to large group. Its also another way to save money, and get excellent lodging all in one area.
Thank you.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

It is hard to believe Ramada allows a hotel this dirty to operate under its name. Room 112 had mold in the shower, dirty tiles on the floor, rug that was so soiled we wore shoes all the time. The smell was horrible and it had wall paper coming off of the wall. Also had ceiling tiles bending down from the ceiling and had a smoke detector beeping all night in the hallway. We were moved to room 249 in another building that was also very dirty. My wife asked to go out to get some Clorox Clean Up! The outside door key card reader was broken so anyone could gain access to the building and there were some motley charactors in the area. Worst hotel stay ever. AVIOD THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
econoinn, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Good day Tripadvisor member. Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback.
I guess I can only respond with a question. As I travel across Vermont I stay with many hotels.
I can assure you that I would not stay myself at a hotel with the feedback you just gave.
Our staff works diligently to please our guests. And if I myself had to come to clean your room I would do so to make sure our guests are happy. If are not able to make you happy we will be glad to make alternative arrangements for you.

We are in the process of completing our renovations which should be completed within the next couple of months. But none the less we still work hard to satisfy and exceed our guests expectations. Thank you for your response.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were in the area for Labor Day weekend and rooms were scarce. Our little group managed to get the last two rooms available for the night. I have stayed in many Ramada Hotels around the country and this one just didn't uphold their standards.

The building we were in was very run down and eventhough it was supposed to be smoke-free is smelled like a hundred people lit up a cigarette at once in the hallway.

Food remained outside one of the doors from the time we checked in on Saturday afternoon to until we checked out on Sunday morning. There was a man from the hotel in the hallway during that time but apparently that was not his job.

The bed was comfortable but having to listen to the smoke detector in the hallway chirp all night made getting a good night's sleep impossible.

There were all kinds of weird noises coming from above our room and we were on the second floor.

This is not a hotel I would recommend unless it was the last place available and you aren't very picky.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
econoinn, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Good day Tripadvisor Member. I always appreciate honest feedback.
Ramada in Rutland is an older hotel that works dligently to provide the best possible services and accommodations. We are proud to be able to post some of the lowest rates in the area.
My apologies for the minor inconveniences you might have had. We are phasing out smoking rooms in the near future. Currently we only have a select few. One of our two buildings is completely smoke free.

Ramada is in the process of renovation which is scheduled to be completed by December.
Many of the rooms in the hotel have already been renovated. We welcome our guests to
request the most updated rooms and accommodations. We want to make sure our guests are 100% satisfied. If you didnt get the chance.... please use the complimentary Vermont Sports Fitness Membership while you are with us next time. Its an amazing facility.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place just isn't that nice - its actually quite dirty and dilapidated. My room was in rough shape (the bed was actually clean and comfortable), but everything else was decrepit. The carpet was old and stained, the bathroom had a rusty tissue dispenser falling off the wall along with peeling wallpaper. The room smelled a little funky and the walls were kind of dirty. The worst part of all however was that there was a very distinct sewer smell that kept permeating the room. It was awful. When I checked in at 4PM I didn't smell it, but I did for the rest of the night when I returned and the whole next morning - GROSS! Also, as other people have commented, the walls are very thin! You can hear the squeaking floor boards above you and people talking next door which is kind of a drag. I never made it to the pool or for breakfast so I cannot comment on those. The staff was nice and friendly, no complaints there. In the big picture I guess it could have been worse, but I just don't think I could stay here again. I would much rather spend a little more for a much nicer hotel.

Room Tip: First level does have direct access to your car in the parking lot which is kind of nice, but you ha...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Good day Trip Advisor member. My apologies that your stay with anything short of what you expected. I would never expect a guest to stay in a room that they were not satisfied with.
Please make sure you contact our staff next time you are with us so we can address any issues in the appropriate manner.

Thank you for the compliment to our staff. We are proud of our employees. We are very fortunate to have some of the best staff in the industry that work every day to provide services and exceed the expectations of our guests.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

As much as this front desk was accommodating, the hotel was filthy, If you have a choice pick the Holiday Inn as we had friends stay there and the room was very nice.The room was full of dust, smoke and dirt....the light fixture even had burned out bulbs...very disappointing after we stayed at a Ramada in Knoxville and it was awesome..

Room Tip: #206 horrible!!!! can not even rate the hotel other then the front desk,which was very nice...I will...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I am always marvel at people who want to pay less than $60 a night but demand the quality of a $200 a night hotel. This Ramada is a $60 a night hotel. Yes, the carpets could be replaced, yes there a few marks on the walls, but the rooms are large, clean, the beds are nice, and the staff is very nice and very helpful. Wyndham Group would do well to upgrade this 1960s-era motel, but for the price you can't ask for better.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple