“Disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is a dump, switched rooms because first room was beyond gross, pretty sure you would catch something staying there. Second room was sketchy as well, random, hooker note in bed, broken watch over bed, and strange photos. Stay away. Hoping I didn't catch anything staying there.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank urban07sti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Littleton, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

My girlfirend and i planed a little weekend get away, we stumbled on the ecomomy inn & suites. As we went in to make a reservation the women "Gloria" helping us looked like she hadnt shower in weeks. The inside office area looked like it was a daycare center. Gloria informed us that she was the live in office manager and she was babysitting. Going againts my gut feeling we rented a room. As we entered the room, the first thing we noticed was that the rooms are very old, run down and in need of MAJOR repairs. The walls had holes and cracks in them, the carpet had burn marks, there were bathroom floor tiles missing, black mold in the tub. At this point we were very unhappy, and thought that it would be best if checked into a different hotel. As we grabbing our bags of the bed to leave my girlfriend saw a bug on the bed, as i took a closer look at the bedding i found a rather large amount of bed bugs. I went rate to the the office and asked for my money back. As i was heading out the door there was another couple coming in, after getting to my car and remembering i had left my credit card in the office i went back to get it. As im standing there waiting for the couple to finsh up in front of me, i heard "Gloria" tell them there room number......WELL ALL BE It was the same damn room we had just checked out of do to BED BUGS!!!!!

Room Tip: If you have any smarts....AT ALL, You would NOT rent a room here!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Ryan F

Travelers are raving about these Rutland hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

I satyed at the Economy down in the middle of the City for a one day seminar I had locally. The rooms are cozy and clean. People are friendly and helpful there. I had a nice room on the ground floor near the office and I enjoyed it. Only complaint was one light bulb that went out in my room. No big deal I guess. Economy was ok and I'd go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Jungleman50
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

I don't get to travel much but the rare times that I do, I always look first at the price. Doing a search of hotels in the area, I found Economy Inn. They had a decent price, with a couple other hotels pretty close behind. I booked for 2 nights and flew in for a wedding.

Even though the Taxi service sucks in Rutland, I did manage to arrive at Economy and got my room. IN addition to the good price, I was happy with the room which was on the bottom floor fairly near the lobby. It was nice enough and the Internet connection was great which is critically important to me. Overall I had a successful stayover. The only thing I wasnt thrilled with was the traffic going by the place, which isnt the hotels fault at all. Overall, a nice place with a good price. I'd probably stay again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Mession
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed at this Economy Inn last year and returned again this year. It seems to have been upgraded since we stayed here last. We asked for the same room but it was not available so we took one close to it. We had a comfy stay and all was quiet once again. Very nice front desk staff and a hearty breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

We ended up staying at this Economy Inn downtown on our 2nd night of the Vermont Fair. We had a smoking room right in the main circle of the hotel. The room was strangely clean smelling for a smoking room. It was nice inside with a microwave and a refrigerator (which we loaded with beer after the Fair). Did some walking downtown and generally had a decent time. Nice to see the City of Rutland.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VitaminStore
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

We saw this hotel and the sign out front back in August that said it going to be auctioned.

This time through we decided to stay a night. We asked at the front desk and it was indeed under new management. We were lucky to get one of the rooms that had recently been worked on.

Generally, we had a nice stay. Our room was a few doors from the office and was in nice shape. Everything was clean and proper.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple