“Ridiculously Great Food!”
Review of Table 24

Table 24
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Rutland
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Center Street
Description: Welcome to the Table 24 Restaurant in downtown Rutland, Vermont featuring a unique menu with choices for all - from young families to sophisticated diners. Chef/Owner Stephen Sawyer prepares selected specialties on a wood-fired grill and rotisserie to create flavors unique to this region. Come and experience fresh food in the beautiful restaurant or relax in the bar and lounge area, full of local flavor
Reviewed February 9, 2014

2/7/2014 - I saw this restaurant reviewed on TV twice so I wanted to try the food (now there are several locations with the same name, but I was still game). The location leaves a little to be desired (but I'm from the NYC area so it was ok with me). It seems that there is one area for reserved patrons, a bar and an area for walk-in patrons. The restaurant had a "rustic" feeling and the wait staff was polite and friendly enough. I started with an app of crispy pork belly, house pickled, veggies and apple sauce. The pork belly (one of my favorites) was a little over for my taste (I am a 'rare' kinda gal even though you're not suppose to serve pork that way) and I thought that the pickling would be strong but it was just enough, the apple sauce seemed home made (and it took me back to the sauce I made for my babies). The was a $9 app and the pieces were small but pork belly is not as cheap as it use to be, it was very good. My husband had Duck Fritters for $10 for an app with duck, goat cheese, risotto lightly breaded and fried. He loved them, me (I hate duck) but I could not detect the duck but I thought it was a very good app. We then proceeded (after a very LONG wait) with Seafood Manicotti that had fresh pasta, gouda cheese and San Marzano cheese. This was excellent (except for a portion that was a little salty). I ate half that nite and the rest the next day and I thought it was better a little older and cold. My husband had BOUILLABAISSE COD, SHRIMP, MUSSELS, TOMATO FENNEL BROTH, SMOKED TOMATO ROUILLE and THIS DISH WAS EXCELLENT, it was the best dish I have eaten in some time. The mussels we not the best I have eaten, but the rest of the dish was to die for (I told him to hold on to his dish...... ). Kodos to this chef because he did this dish justice (they should try coming to New York City because I think they would do very well). Normally, I wouldn't leave a tip or even stay for the rest of my meal after waiting so long after my apps, but this was more than worth it. I would highly recommend this place to anyone (I'm still dreaming about it). Great job Chef!

1  Thank Westchester NY T

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Had dinner there with my husband and two teenage daughters. The food was good but the service was too fast. We were out of there in just over an hour. For that price we should have had a more leisurely meal. There were so many children that it wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been. If you have one night in Rutland, go to Roots. The food was better and the atmosphere is much more relaxing.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

you will not be disappointed, good service good food couldn't ask for any more. both my wife and I were very pleased which is rare. good selection from menu portion was perfect. quiet with the exception of that one table that wanted everyone to hear there conversation. I would definitely go back when visiting area again

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant is wonderful. The menu choices are outstanding and each dish was more delicious than the previous. We (a party of 6) had soup, appetizers, salads, sandwiches and desserts and everything was absolutely wonderful. The BBQ pork nachos were incredible, the Wales Street salad was divine, the black bean soup was out of this world and the kids loved the burgers. The chocolate chip cookie sundae was unlike anything we've ever had; a warm, gooey cookie with homemade ice cream and chocolate sauce. The Table 24 chocolate cake was beyond delicious; excellent chocolate flavor, not too sweet, just perfect. I would drive 3 hours to eat here any time! We loved everything we had for lunch so we ordered more food to take home for dinner. Especially fantastic was the lobster mac and cheese that we got to go. Wow. I can't wait to come back. The restaurant itself was also really warm and inviting. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the interior is beautifully decorated and original looking. The staff were great and friendly (we were there on New Year's Day) and the general vibe there was perfect. We felt everything was reasonably priced as well. Absolutely loved this place and highly recommend for anyone who loves good, unique, fresh food.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Came here 2x - food is awesome! Very fresh - nice ambiance for couples and family friendly. I am a foodie and I def recommend!