“The Staff were so polite and helpful”

Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Reviewed March 2, 2011

The first thing to say is thankyou to all of the front desk staff who helped us out during our stay, they did more to help than I have experienced anywhere.

The room was clean tidy great TV movie service only the aircon was a little noisy but not a problem. The hotel was a good location for our ski holiday at Killington, the drive wasnt a problem and the hotel is right next to some good shops to fill up with supplies. The kids loved the pool the restaurant offered good value and kids eat free. I also loved the free wifi, free shuttle to the local airport and breakfast included rate.

We would definitely stay there again if we make it back to Killington.

1  Thank apollo077

Reviewed March 1, 2011

The staff at the Holiday Inn in Rutland always make my stay enjoyable. From Lisa in reservations to Debbie who serves my breakfast I am always treated warmly and with the utmost respect. Vanessa and Greg in the lounge always greet with a smile and like the song says everyone knows your name.

1  Thank beamused1
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Good enough. Clean enough. Could use a little brightening. Rutland is not Vermont's most charming town. The staff at dinner and breakfast were very attentive and seemed to appreciate the business. Approx 25 minutes to Killington is not close enough to justify the rate.

1  Thank HinghamPonch
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The hotel was what we expected for the price, no qualms there. Hallways a bit noisy, pool water a bit murky, and the place could use some sprucing up, but the staff was nice.

The only worry is that thieves prowl the parking lot at night. Entrances to the hotel are adorned with signs that warn to remove valuables from parked autos, and they actually have to park steel containers in the lot so the high school and youth group ski buses won't be raided in the dark. I took our skis off our roof racks to lock inside the car, and sure enough, they were gone in the morning. The management will tell you this never happens, but it's fairly obvious that it occurs regularly.

Not a horrible place to stay, but bring anything that you don't want stolen into the hotel with you, and don't come or go after dark with children.

1  Thank petratodd
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I was a little worried about this place after reading some reviews on Expedia, but I was very happy with my stay here.

The bathroom is very dated (pink countertop!) but adequate and clean while the rooms have been updated.

The staff was very friendly, efficient, and hospitable.

A few complaints-
-I wish they would keep the kids out of the hot tub. It is impossible to get in after a day of skiing
-The doors could be thicker so you don't have to listen to loud groups of people in the hallways
-They could do a better job of keeping ice and snow around hotel exits

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2011

The service and staff were great to deal with and helpful. I would like more diversity in regards to the restaurant menu and a larger work out area would be desirable. Deb has been very helpful and encouraged me to submit this review.

Reviewed February 16, 2011

I have been coming to the Rutland VT area for work for 11 years. This particular stay has been since February of 2010. I come down on Monday and go home on Friday. When I'm in the area, my only choice is the Holiday Inn. The staff are the main reason I come back.
Meagan, Lisa, Alex and Margret at the front desk always make sure I have a room to my likeing. Phyllis in housekeeping keeps my room clean and leaves me extra coffee. Jeff in maintenance has come to the resue more than once when something breaks, no matter what time of the day or night. And the staff at Paynter's restaurant are fantastic. Deb at breakfast and Terri & Tabitha delivering room service.
There are many others as well that I can't recall at the moment. In the 11 years I've been staying here I have NEVER been dissapointed.

You may find fancier or newer hotels in the area, but I doubt you could ever find a hotel with a better staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutland
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 12 in Rutland
Mendon Mountainview Lodge

Been to Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area? Share your experiences!