Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area
Official Site
Quality Inn(Rutland)
$62
Hotwire.com
All reviewsprime riball you can eathot tubgreat ratebreakfast was includedvery pleasant stayfrench toastfirst floornew englandclean roomstwo double bedsstayed here for one nighteggsrutland killingtonstaff was friendlyconvenient locationindoor pool
Reviewed September 22, 2009

made a reservation, tried to cancel it the same day due to reports of uncleanliness/mold/mildew, and was told I could not cancel and would not get a refund even though I had cancelled 2 weeks before reservation. This is terrible, I will absolutely never make a reservation here again and will never recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Their location is beautiful, almost like condo develooments, their staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and helpful. The rooms were squeekly clean and so tastefully decorated. NO PETs WERE ALLOWED WHICH IS GREAT.SAYS A LOT FOR THEIR QUALITY. AND NO SMOKING. The carpets were clean, bedding lovely. Had all the necessary features, micro, coffee pot, frig, hair blower, and the bathroom was set up to accommodate a woman with all her stuff! Many hotels do not do this (no place for anything). THE BREAKFAST WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST WE HAVE EVER HAD, AND WE COMPLIMENTED THE CHEF. As I said above, I would go out of my way to stay here,.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Stopped for an overnight to break up a long drive with a round of golf. Our first impression as not a good one. While the desk clerk may have been smarter than a sack of rocks, he didn't look or act it.
The real problem is the design and layout of the hotel. It's two story w/o elevator. Not a big deal I suppose unless you have lots of luggage (we did). They do provide luggage carts. You can load up, bring it in the door, unload, climb the stairs with all your stuff, load up another cart (if there's one available) and wheel it to your room.
The hotel layout is a confusing maze of corridors and stairwells. The desk clerk directed us to our room through the pool area which was crowded and wet/steamy and slippery. I then had to park around the back and try to figure out which one of the half dozen look alike entrances was closest to our room.

We were going to give the in hotel restaurant a try but it's located next to the pool and the smell of chlorine was a turn off.

The room itself was OK, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wmitch6
Reviewed April 25, 2009

This is a basic motel/hotel room and is fine if you are just looking for a place to park your hat. My wife and I stayed one night at a great rate obtained through hotwire.com. The hotel is in the center of Rutland and convenient to everything in the area. The front desk staff is courteous and helpful. The room was okay and pretty much what you expect from Holiday Inn. There are not many good choices in Rutland, and this is one of the more decent hotels

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Joshdent
Reviewed March 25, 2009

My husband, young son and I traveled to Rutland for an overnight to meet my father, his wife and two daughters. Rutland was a halfway point, so we chose what we thought would be the best place to be based and to catch up. Seven of us spent 24 hours there, so we had a pretty full experience. It was generally a strange experience. We should have known better than to have dinner there, but with a young child, it just made sense. All seven people found their meal to be sub-standard to average at best. My meal was inedible. Breakfast, though it looked like a nice offering, tasted super bland. The rooms were very Holiday Inn 1990. Some halways seemed odd because lightbulbs were either out or not turned on. They had just hosted a seven-year-old's birthday party in the pool area, so the cake on the floor and super-murky water was a letdown. There are two hottubs. One was FULL of supersized men, and the other was broken and luke-warm. Overall, it was a disappointing place for a brief family reunion of sorts.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family