“Housekeeping walked right in, past "DO NOT DISTURB" sign”

Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I booked this hotel as a waypoint to bring my daughter to summer camp in VT. On the morning of our departure, I went for a run and left my daughter in the room, sleeping. I made sure to put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door.

When I came back my daughter was visibly disturbed because someone had entered the room while I was away, waking her up and scaring the daylights out of her. I asked the housekeeper and it appears that the housekeeping supervisor, Rhonda, went into the room despite the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door and despite the fact that it was only 10.30am, which is before the 11am checkout time. Incidentally, I had asked for, and gotten, a noon checkout time anyway.

I travel a lot, and I can't say that I've ever had a housekeeper disregard the a DND sign before checkout. My daughter freaked out when she woke up and didn't recognize her surroundings and found some strange woman in the room. Given the other reviews about the rude front desk clerk, I guess this hotel doesn't have very professional management.

Given that there are LOADS of little hotels withing a half mile of this one, I'm going to stay elsewhere when I visit at mid term and go to pick her up from camp.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank groukas

Reviewed March 29, 2009

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn Trolley Square in Rutland, VT. I had stayed here several years ago, and encountered a very rude front desk clerk, but I put this aside and booked a 2nd stay. Upon awaking in the morning, I went into the bathroom and found not 1 but 2 small live roaches on the floor and in the sink! Upon complaining to the front desk clerk, I was informed that my bill would be adjusted, and that the manager would come out to speak with me, neither of which happened. Upon pursuing this via E-mail, I was later told that the staff checked the room and found "no evidence of roaches". Of course, what else would they say?? My advice- stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank JAN321
Reviewed January 1, 2009

booked after reading reviews and talking with a family member who had stayed here. Room was ok at best, ceiling in bath chipped and stained, bed like a rock, heater VERY loud.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lorri p
Reviewed December 12, 2008

This hotel is really nice for the price. The rooms are well maintained and tastefully decorated. The free breakfast is also nice when you are in a hurry to checkout.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed October 25, 2008

When visiting Rutland, VT, stay at the Comfort Inn at Trolley Square....it's the best! Clean and tidy, great pool, pleasant accommodations to just relax. For a reasonable price, you won't believe how nice these folks are. Besides that, you get a breakfast included. It's a deal too good to be missed.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Decent hotel in a great location. Right in Rutland, close to many restaurants, the mall etc. Directly across the street from the State Fairgrounds. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel room was clean and comfortable although our room was quite dark due to the fact that there was just one window which faced out towards the parking lot. But otherwise a good hotel for the very reasonable price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2008

No surprises, met our expectations. We often stay in Comfort Inns and this one was very typical. Enjoyed Rutland.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutland
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 12 in Rutland
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge

Been to Comfort Inn Trolley Square? Share your experiences!