“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Ontario
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The staff was welcoming and friedly. A convenient walk to the Sirloin Saloon :) Check out the bear.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank FamilyTraveller30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
in the wrong country
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

The hotel was slightly hard to find as drove right past it the first time but turned around and found it a bit easier once I was given directions. Hotel looks ok from outside. The guy on reception probably could have done with removing his head from resting it in his hand while slumped over the counter when I was checking in but when he eventually stood up to get my receipt he was a changed man.
The hallways are a bit shabby but the room was a complete surprise. I had a single queen room. Nice large room, looks like brand new carpet-still fluffy to walk on bare foot, great comfy bed, flat screen tv. No fridge but that's not the end if the world. View from window overlooked parking lot but actually have a tree outside my window so laying in bed that's all you can see. AC works just fine. There was a smell of cigarette smoke when I came into room but switched AC to heat then turned back onto cold and that seemed to take smell away. Small breakfast room on 3rd floor. Has plenty of choice for a budget motel. Friendly lady there to help with anything you need. I couldn't comment on how noisy it was at night as sleep with earplugs so always have a good sleep but it was quiet enough in the evening and morning. With a coupon I got the room for $58 and would have no qualms about staying here again if I was ever in the area again.

• Stayed September 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Carkedit
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

My wife and I have finally found a great place to stay in Rutland, Vermont. Reasonable, great rates, super friendly staff, outstanding complimentary breakfast, and great location. We have been staying in Rutland for a week every winter and 2 weeks every summer (family vacation) and have tried several different motels in and around Rutland. Must say we are sorry we did not try the Comfort Inn before this summer. It is super place for the budget minded and the children and grandchildren love the indoor pool. We will be back in December and have already made reservations for 2012. We especially appreciated the 100 % American staff. American owned and American operated. We highly recommend this place for families, grandparents, and the seasoned travelers who want a decent place at a decent price. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

I booked this hotel trough Hotwire so I got a really good deal, but even if I had paid the avertised price for the room I would have been satisfied with the value of the room. It was clean and nice, big enough and a nice breakfast was included and served and the same level as my room. The only problem I had was with the service at check-in I waited more than 20 minutes at the front desk because the clerck was on the phone with a client, if he would have been alone that can pass but after 20 minutes another clerck came from the office and answered us and he didn't seem really happy about it. The clerck at the check-out though was really nice so Ia m giving a nice rating overall. One disapoinment was that the pool closed at 9h30pm and I thought it was a bit early since we arrive at the hotel at 7h30 and had to go out for dinner so we didn't had time to try it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Trolley Square in mid-August 2011 on a reservation paid for through Priceline for $40/night + taxes/fees. The first thing about this hotel is that it is hard to get to using the "from 4W" directions on their website - It is much easier to enter the hotel using the entrance on Allen Street than to use the one on Main Street.
Once we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised by the outside looks of the hotel. The grounds look great, the building looks fresh, so we thought we got a steal of a deal.
The gentleman checking us in (don't recall his name) seemed rather disinterested, not sure if he was having a rough day or what... but it almost seemed as though we were interrupting him from doing something else when we wanted to check in.
We were given what appears to be a handicapped-accessible room on the 2nd floor. The desk area and flat screen TV were fairly new-looking, but the air conditioner looked like it had been in there since the mid-70s (and unfortunately worked as though it was that old), the bed was hard as a rock, and there weren't nearly enough outlets in the room.
The lamp on the desk was missing a lightbulb. Perhaps the person before me took it, I don't know. The bathroom ventilation fan was EXTREMELY noisy, so if I were to go and use it in the middle of the night, it would easily wake up my wife. The clear plastic thingy that controls the sink faucet is broken so that it falls apart in your hand.
We were pleasantly surprised that there were a microwave and television in the room without asking for them. Perhaps all rooms have them, not sure.
This place could REALLY use a freshening up on the inside. If they devote as much time on the inside as it appears they have on the outside, this would be an outstanding hotel. As it is, I would give it a "so-so".

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Front desk staff is rude, unfriendly and not helpful. Parking is very limited due to several businesses sharing one lot. The room was surface clean, but could use a good washing, it didn't smell fresh in the room, almost like must or something. Our room was updated, but the A/C was from the 1970's, and we called and had a box fan brought to our room to help circulate the air. The breakfast room is on the 3rd floor. The pool is only opened from 9am to 9:30pm...and be aware it is shared with the public. While we were swimming, several "locals" came in and used the pool, there was even a small water class going on...it wouldn't have been so bac, but the pool is very small. The locals were rude and really acted like we were intruders on their space when we went swimming. The truckers and construction workers staying at the hotel were smoking/grilling/hanging out by all of the exits, which left you feeling unsafe. We will never stay in this horrible little town again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

The front desk staff let me check in early and for this I was very grateful.

This is a pretty hotel and I am guessing it is a fairly new one as well.

The room was nice--no complaints. The breakfast in the morning was not the hot breakfast promised on the choicehotels website. It did have waffles, but I hardly think that that qualifies. The rest of the breakfast was acceptable. Nothing negative.

The hot tube in the pool area was not very hot at all. I couldn't wait for it to heat up as I was getting close to leaving. The pool was fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo