“A disappointing trip.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochester
Liberty Hill Farm Inn
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I choose Liberty Hill because we read an article in a The Yankee Magazine.( I guess it pays when you spend a lot to advertise). We were the only two guest at the Inn. Because of that we were put up in a room next to the owners office. We had no privacy what so ever. We were told by the owners that they were running short on wood. So they really didn't want to get the wood stove going for the guest side of the house, just for two people. We had no chairs or any seating area. We have stayed at many Bed and Breakfast's and Inns in the past, and have met some wonderful people.This place was different. Our host Beth was not your typical friendly hostest. She is truley a business woman and not what you would expect from the ads. I also felt sad because the cows are chained to their stantion and kept there 24-7. They aren't let out to get exercise.I would definetly not recomend this place. It was way too much money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank tina r
Bobbethfarm, Owner at Liberty Hill Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

We always encourage our guests to come to us with any questions or concerns about the farm! Our top priority is to make sure that our cows are healthy and happy!

We actually rotate the "girls" to make sure that they do not spend the whole day in the milking barn. They spend part of the day in the adjacent barn where they have plenty of room to get some exercise and, when the weather is nice, they are free to explore outside! In the second barn, they have access to food and water, but some of the bigger "boss" cows don't always allow the smaller ones to get their fair share. That's why we give them their own space in the milking barn to ensure that each cow gets a nice, clean place to lay down and plenty of food and water.

There are newer reviews for Liberty Hill Farm Inn

Reviewed February 23, 2013

After a road rage experience had left me shell shocked in PA, my husband took me to a book store to calm me down- we needed a vacation from the chaos of life! On the way to the coffee section we gabbed a Vermont Life and low and behold Rochester VT was it's feature of the month and LIBERTY HILL FARM was THE place to stay according to the article. That was in 1998, I believe...We have returned to this home away from home and practically raised our kids here year after year, ever since!

This Farm doesn't just offer that oh so cool "real farm" experience, it offers long lingering conversations at the dinner table, warm embraces when you walk through the front door, the smell of fresh baked muffins, hand delivered, from the barn, creamy milk with dessert, and so much love you kinda have trouble leaving. When you return, somehow Beth still knows all your names and all your family details! You matter. You become part of the fold, and you want to be!

KID FACTS: upon our first visit we told the kids all devices go into parental possession until we leave. They were NOT pleased. Next visit our kids just handed over their gadgets when we pulled up to the farm and ran to get their hugs from Beth and Farmer Bob! This farm is transforming...

Nancy Haas
Main Line of PHiladelphia

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Wonder what it is like to live and work on a dairy farm? Liberty Hill Farm can give you the ultimate taste of family dairy farm life--as it was and should be able to continue to be. In case the rest of the nation didn't know, this is a very threatened life style in the USA. While you have the chance, this is a wonderful experience for your entire family to have and enjoy.
We loved our stay at Liberty Hill farm with Beth and Bob and their sons. Beth's cooking is wonderful. She served a multiple-course dinner and breakfast for twenty people--there were so many dishes served that I couldn't begin to list them all-- every dish a scrumptious, home-grown, home-made delight.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I honestly haven't read any of the other reviews, so I don't know if I am repeating things, but here is my take on Liberty Hill Farm: it is authentic, and it is fantastic!

Eleven of us (6 adults, 5 kids) just returned from spending a weekend here, celebrating a family birthday. To a person, we all had a great time. The kids (ages 2-9) were never bored, despite a near complete lack of TV, internet service, or other electronic gizmos. They loved exploring the farm, collecting eggs, feeding the calves, talking to the cows, playing in the cornfield, chasing the chickens, and playing by the stream.

Every morning and every evening, we were treated to amazing meals that featured an incredible variety of home-cooked, made from scratch choices that even the pickiest eaters in our group enjoyed. The kids loved playing "hide and seek" throughout the house, and we found ourselves convened in the living room on multiple occasions for "family game time".

If you're looking for super-deluxe accommodations - satin sheets, 4-poster beds, private whirlpool tubs, and a romanticized, out-of-a-magazine "farm experience", this isn't for you. Everything about this weekend made us fell like we were in our own home (well, except for the quality of the food...this was way better!)...the wallpaper might be peeling in a couple of places, the bed might be a little squeaky, and so on...but if you want just the smallest taste of what life is like for modern dairy farmers...to see how hard they work, what sort of insane hours they put in, and also how much love they have for what they do...then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Families return here year after year, and now generation after generation. The feeling of welcome is pervasive. Learn about farming with hands on experience and tales at the common table. find where the new kittens are hiding, feed the chickens and calves and watch a new calf being born. The air is fresh the vista bucolic and the food delicious. You feel like you've made new friends not just been at a place stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gandbi
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This vacation was awesome! Bob and Beth were very nice and made you feel at home. My grandma and I stayed there for a week and and loved evey second. The food was really good and the animals are so cute! Every morning was really exciting to wake up and run over to the chickens and find their eggs. I was amazed at the most beautiful scenery i had ever seen in my whole life! I met so many new friends and cool people on this trip. At the end, I didn't realize how hard it was to pull myself away from the farm because I had made a relationship with all the animals! Dave and Tom were very helpful with any questions you have and no question is stupid! I had a great time and I am definitely coming back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lcberling
Reviewed June 14, 2012

If you are looking for a warm, inviting, and relaxing time in a FARM setting, then this is the place! I won't repeat what other reviewers have already shared, except to repeat that Bob and Beth are exceptional and our family has been blessed to have gotten to spend time with them.

Our ten year old daughter loved spending time with the kittens and the cats.

It is a scenic drive to Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, Killington, and Quechee, without being too long. The Rochester Cafe was an excellent choice for lunch. Access to the White River is on the property where my husband and kids fished and daughter swam.

We look forward to our return visit and bringing along our board games, ball and gloves, etc.

This area was hit hard by hurricane Irene last August and we were happy to support them on their road to recovery.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
506 On The River Inn
The Mountain Top Inn & Resort
Maple Leaf Inn
Maple Leaf Inn
#1 of 4 in Barnard

Been to Liberty Hill Farm Inn? Share your experiences!