“Fresh, artful, and exquisitely delicious food, customized to your diet and palette”

The Kitchen Table Bistro
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I visited Burlington, VT this week, and upon recommendation from a local friend, made the short (12 miles?) drive to Richmond for dinner at the excellent Kitchen Table restaurant.

The restaurant is located in a restored roadside home distinguished by the unusual, multi-color pattern running through its historic brick facade. Once inside, we were warmly greeted by the host and our waitress, the latter of whom attended us with perfect timing and grace throughout our stay.

On to the meal. The local and seasonally-inspired menu was diverse and imaginative. We began with a brightly flavored, velvety pea soup which had the added plus of NOT being creamed-based (therefore not too heavy or filling). Hubby's entrée was one of two evening specials, a tender and moist swordfish on shitake risotto that looked appetizing even to me, a 20-year vegetarian. My meal was completely customized by the chef based on my diet and flavor preferences. I've included a photo, and the sun shining in from our lovely window seat might as well have been radiating from my plate, because that is how heavenly it was! In fact, even after eating it and the large bowl of the aforementioned soup, the lightness of it all left me able to savor a few bites of a positively black little wedge of choco cake topped with a petite scoop of homemade vanilla cherry ice cream.

This is an excellent place for a special celebration. Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

• Visited July 2013

Toledo, Ohio
“Food + Atmosphere = A Nice Night Out”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

One diner has allergies to dairy and that seemed to be much easier than norm to accommodate. We had 4 people and 4 different meals and 4 clean plates. Dinner was a hit- even with the pickiest eater. It is pricey but I would recommend it for a special night out.

• Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went to KTB to treat myself to a wonderful meal for my birthday. I tend to favor restaurants that use the fresh network. Anytime you see that sign, you can be assured you will receive a very tasty meal. They utilize local farms and base meals on what is being harvested at that time. The choices from the menu were great. It was hard to make a decision with all the wonderful choices, but I settled on the ricotta gnocchi. The presentation was wonderful and the dish was tasty and light. For dessert I had the creme brulee & sea salted shortbread cookies. It was delicious! I topped it off with a dessert drink of port, which went well the the dessert. They gave that to me on the house since it was my birthday. That was a pleasant surprise! As for the price, I'm willing to pay for a good meal, so I was ok with the tab. KTB is worth the visit!

• Visited June 2013
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“One of the Best Restaurants in the Burlington Area”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The KItchen Table is the best kept secret of the area - fantastic food, beautiful house (odd location but that's OK) and an eclectic menu that changes daily based on what fresh produce and meats they can find - it is brilliant!
Not cheap - but an incredibly memorable experience!

Visited October 2012
jericho, vt
“the food is ok. way overpriced.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The food offerings are pretty pedestrian. Nothing really stands out as a specialty. The atmosphere is also pretty bland. The prices are the only thing that really stand out. They are really over priced for what they offer.

1 Thank cindy f