“Was hoping for more”

The Kitchen Table Bistro
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vermont
“Was hoping for more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've been to the Kitchen Table in the past and enjoyed it. It's an upscale experience: the decor is warm and very "Restoration Hardware" and the food is usually creative. I was disappointed though when my husband and I met friends for dinner in December. We had a drink at the bar first which was nice - the bartender was friendly. When we ordered though, we got the large cheese plate for the table. It was served on a slate slab which looked cool, but there was so little for four adults we found ourselves carefully picking at it so there was enough for everyone (and I know this was an appetizer but for $12 was not worth it given its size). I then had the gnocchi with squash and mushrooms. The gnocchi were done perfectly - they were light and tasty. The combination though of the squash and mushrooms was very earthy and after a few bites didn't work anymore. My husband wasn't impressed with his meal either. There are other upscale local restaurants that provide what we would expect for this type of experience that we'll probably go to in the future rather than the Kitchen Table.

• Visited December 2012

“A must for food tourists”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We live in burlington and make the trek to the Kitchen Table Bistro regularly. Food is amazing; best farm to table restaurant in Vermont. Staff is friendly and service is good. Space is cozy (it is a farmhouse turned restauraunt. You will be sitting close enough to other tables to hear the conversation, but this does not detract from the experience. You will not be sorry for coming here. Dont forget to make reservations, this place is popular year round with vermonters and toursists alike.

• Visited January 2013
vermont
“Always a great dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have been to the Kitchen Table perhaps 6 or 7 times in the past year, and have never had a single bad experience. If you look at my other reviews you will see that I have high expectations and am critical, so when I say that this place is worth the price and the trip, you can take my word for it.

If you do not want a full entree or a longer dinner, pulling a seat up at the bar and grabbing a burger is a great way to go....the burgers are fantastic. While other restaurants try very hard to be something special, the kitchen table just seems to do it naturally. Very impressive and a great place for foodies.

Westford, Vermont, United States
“Special restaurant for a date or group, fabulous food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been to the Kitchen Table twice, and both times were excellent experiences. The staff was very accommodating, in one case finding a separate room for our 15 person party with only a few hours notice. The food is consistently excellent, with many fresh local ingredients and great options. The building itself is historic and quite interesting, and the decor is attractive. I haven't been yet on a date, but I see a number of quiet nooks for good one on one conversation.

Williston, Vermont
“Best of Vermont”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

This chef-owned gem never disappoints! Delicious local fare creatively done, Lara's homemade desserts are amazing and staff is extremely knowledgeable about wine pairings, ask for Neal about wines. We have dined here many times and they are consistently superb!

• Visited November 2012