“New Kid in Town”

Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Randolph
Randolph, Vermont
“New Kid in Town”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

After a long delay, One Main opened recently. A friend of mine and I were actually the first customers on the afternoon it opened:) Full disclosure, I'm a "local" and the town has needed a place like this for a long time.. Great selection of micro brew drafts and a nice menu if you just want to stop in for a beer and wings after work or have a full meal. Prices are reasonable and the menu is varied. As with any start up, a couple of minor glitches which will hopefully resolve themselves as a time goes on. Choice of tables, window stools or the bar itself which very well suited to eat at. Have been there a few times and will go again.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Mick7Fairlee_Vermont

“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Beer selection is great, with 22 drafts on tap and the selection being periodically updated. Food is great as well, in particular their version of chicken pot pie. Cooks have backgrounds at Worthy Burger and Worthy kitchen, so this is worth coming back to!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Matt C
Vermont
“Good pub food and fantastic beer selection”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This pub opened in March of 2014, and I've already tried many of the items on the menu. The flatbreads are very good, the burgers and buns are homemade, the fries are fantastic, and I could have eaten the bean dip as a meal on its own. The beer selection is huge (more than 20 taps) of thoughtfully-selected brews (listed on the menu with the distance from Randolph). The service has definitely improved as the staff has learned the menu. I probably wouldn't bring kids here, but it is a great place for hanging out with friends- the atmosphere is "upscale pub."

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank swifties01
Vermont, United States
“Horrible Experience! Bad service and terrible food!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We went in for the first time and were excited because of all the good things we had read! When we first arrived there was only two tables that had people and yet we had to stand and wait for a table for like ten minutes while staff ignored us and just stood around. Then we got placed at a table next to a window in the direct sunlight so we were wicked hot and sweating the whole time. Water was brought to our table which was luke warm with no ice. I had to request ice and we still didn't get enough. The server came to take our order but when we were seated no menus were ever given to us so she had to get us menus and then come back. When we requested a kids menu they said that they didn't have one. The menu had limited selections so both my husband and I ordered a burger and ordered a side of fry's for our toddler. 30-35 minutes after we ordered our food came out which is quite awhile considering at this point we were the only table besides one other in the whole place. The burgers looked fairly good but came with no fries or any side and the fries I ordered for my daughter didn't even come with a plate. I wish I could say the food was good. I love burgers and this was by far the worst one I have ever had! I could barely finish it even loading it up with mayo and ketchup. I am not one to ever leave a bad review but I just had to share my experience with this place! I hope that since they just opened that they will use this to make improvements. Unfortunately I will never be coming back.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Alessa B
OMTG, Owner at One Main Tap and Grill, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
This review showed up the day after we removed our manager from our staff. We had a feeling there would be backlash from this business decision based on the reaction from the former employee. Although is seems quite obvious to our staff and our customers that this was a suspicious review, we figured it was in our best interest to respond. The day this review is referring to was our 3 day open. I can personally say there was no time when we only had 2 tables (opening weekend), and, since I was the host, I know for sure no one waited for a table if there was one available. We certainly were not standing around ignoring people on our first weekend open! The rest of this "review" has some obvious flaws as well. For example, who would barely finish the worst burger they every had by loading it with ketchup and mayo? I think most of us would just send it back or not eat it! Anyway, I am sure your experience at One Main Tap & Grill will be a great one and we look forward to seeing you there! Thank you.