“Great food--Very slow service”
Review of Patricks' Place - CLOSED

Patricks' Place
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We--5 adults-1 child- went for dinner this past Saturday evening,6/4/12. We received a nice welcome, the decor was simple and tasteful and our waitress was friendly. But that said the wait for our food was extremely long. By the time our food arrived everybody had become very impatient. Seeing one of the desserts needed 15 minutes to prepare we order it early but that too took much longer than 15 minutes to arrive. In all we arrived at 6:30 PM and didn't finish our dessert until 8:40PM. It would have been a compete disaster but the saving grace was that the food was very good. Even the child's mac and cheese was excellent. Reading many fine reviews I hope this was just one bad night when they were were shorthanded in the kitchen or overwhelmed with too many customers. The very good food leads me to give them another try.......my low rating on service is not a reflection on the waitress but the kitchen.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were wonderfully surprised when we stopped in here of a dinner while traveling in Vermont. Randolph is a quaint Vermont town (most of them there are that way) with a charming center. Patrick's Place is right in the center on a street corner with nice curb appeal. The decor inside was simple and tastefully done. The food was delicious,unique and very tasty. Also, our waitress was very pleasant, helpful and smiling. A great dinner.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Of all the places to eat in Randolph, this is my favorite. This friendly, unassuming downtown eatery has a much more varied menu than the typical diner fare you might expect. High quality food, well prepared, great service and friendly staff. Consider the daily specials - I've never been disapointed.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is a good restaurant if you want to go to a nice place for dinner. I went here the night before I was to attend a conference at VTC. Salad was accompanied by a dinner roll with "slow roasted garlic" to spread on the roll if desired. A very nice touch. Chicken was good as was the twice-baked potato and veggies. Only complain is that it took a LONG time for the server to come to me. Others were being waited on, and I was beginning to think I smelled bad or perhaps they are not as attentive to single diners. I almost got up to leave. The server was very apologetic and very attentive after that, so I'm chalking it up to inexperience or overwork (although the restaurant was not crowded). I would recommend and would return when in Randolph again. Please be more aware of how long single diners are waiting!!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

The food is good and so is the staff. Good local place to visit.