“A lovely place with excellent food and hospitality.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quechee
Parker House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
Seattle, WA
“A lovely place with excellent food and hospitality.”
Reviewed June 2, 2010

The Parker House is a delightful B& B in Quechee, Vermont. Its location is idyllic overlooking the Ottauquechee river. The 19th century French Gothic home has been beautifully restored by its owners, Adam and Alexandra. Their hospitality could not have been better! The French cuisine prepared by Alexandra, a marvelous chef, was delicious and the breakfast in the morning prepared by her husband, Adam was perfect as well. The nicely appointed bedrooms are lovely as are the dining areas and bar. Our stay at the Parker House was wonderful and my husband, college-age son and I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed May 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
nyc
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Very nice, large room, very accommodating innkeeper, very good dinner, BUT I really questioned the whole stay because of 2 things: fake maple syrup and instant coffee served at breakfast. I didn't go to VT for either of those things, quite the opposite. I really wondered what they were thinking, frankly. Also, they should warn you if your room is near the bar, because of noise from talking and thin walls/floor. Opt for a 3rd floor room for more peace and quiet.‎

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lalala5458
VTChef, owner at Parker House Inn and Restaurant, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write the review,Goodness knows, we also need the good coffee for ourselves in the mornings, (instant coffee is awful!!) so we use Green Mountain Coffee and Sugarbush Farms maple syrup B grade, which is slightly stronger and darker in color, from up the the road in Pomfret and - for all of our breakfasts. We have have taken a look at the room you stayed in and have decided to put another pad and oriental rug in there- but the walls are 1857 plaster and about a foot and a half thick so any noise should be at a minimum.
New York
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Visiting friends in the area, we were advised to stay at Parker House. Our room was immaculate; we enjoyed several meals,and the service. Saw the negative review and felt compelled to respond, as I would not want anyone to miss the charm and value of the experience .

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We are returning guests at The Parker House Inn, and experienced again the warmth that permeates the Inn coming from Adam, Alexandra and their attentive staff. We typically dine at least one night at the Inn, and this time measured up to the superb dining experiences we've had in the past. Our room was cozy, bright, beautifully appointed with antiques, and a great king size bed fitted with down quilts and pillows. Comfortable in every way!
We also took advantage of the Quechee Club which offers a high end fitness center, available to guests at the Inn.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I just returned from a stay at The Parker House, which was recommended to us because they accept dogs. I couldn't imagine a lovelier spot. Adam and Alex are delightful, as are their girls. Our dinners were delicious, the breakfasts were relaxing and equally tasty.
Very happy with the room, with our stay, looking forward to going back.
Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed August 10, 2009

If you are not absolutely certain that you will stay at this inn, do not make reservations as you will have to battle to receive your refund.

This past December, I reserved three rooms for wedding guests who were travelling from other countries to simplify their travel plans. In January, I cancelled these reservations because the guests were no longer able to make it to the wedding due to illness and a surgery. The owner (Adam) said that he would refund the full amount of the original charge when his accounts manager was working the following week. After a couple months, I contacted him again because the charge had still not been refunded, at which time he informed me that the inn does not refund cancellations until the date of the cancelled stay, which was a few months away. I told him that I found this unacceptable since the reservation had been cancelled months ago and I had been promised a refund at that time. He said that he would issue a refund later that week per my request. After several more phone calls to the owner (and messages left on the inn's answering machine that were not returned), I have still not been issued a credit for a substantial amount of money.

I feel that anyone who runs a business in this way is dishonest and I will never again choose to do business with this merchant.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
ALAdler, Alexandra Adler Owner at Parker House Inn and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 26, 2009
We cannot apologize more sincerely - this was just a matter of simple human error and we have already refunded your account. This is a total aberration and is the first time that something like this have ever happened and we are absolutely mortified.
We really cannot apologize enough and feel horrible that this happened as I said this was a simple human error and I was completely unaware of this until I saw the post. With Sincere Regrets
Alexandra Adler
Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My husband & I recently stayed at the Parker House Inn for our 16th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. The Inn itself is charming, a grand old home decorated with casual elegance, dotted with porches and reading nooks to relax & enjoy the slow pace while listening to eclectic music. The innkeepers, Adam & Alex, were gracious hosts, keeping the bustling operation running smoothly with grace and good humor. Even though they run a small restaurant out of the Inn, it is in no way intrusive to the Inn guests. In fact, having such great food and a relaxing atmosphere available on-site is an added bonus. The food was simply outstanding, well executed with fresh ingredients, visually appealing, and delicious. We highly recommend the flourless torte fudge cake, absolutely sinful! The Inn has a very well trained & personable staff that provided high caliber service to its guests. We would highly recommend the Parker House Inn to anyone looking for a relaxing and enjoyable place to spend your holiday.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm
Inn at Clearwater Pond
Inn at Clearwater Pond
#2 of 6 in Quechee

Been to Parker House Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!