“Best Service!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quechee
Parker House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
Arlington, Virginia
“Best Service!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have been to the Parker House several times now. The most recent visit was in June of this year. The Parker House was one of the "must visit" places on my list for this summer. We only had a limited time back in the New England area, but the Parker House could not be missed.

Adam and Alex are by far the best husband and wife hotel team we have ever come across. Their efforts to make us comfortable never ended and the food in the restaurant was simply awesome. Adam greeted us upon checkin and went out of his way to make ours a unique experience. He asked us what newspaper we read in the morning and made sure that we would have one of his best tables for dinner. Adam is an excellent bartender and makes perfect drinks. The wine selection was excellent and unique as well. We could tell that Adam and Alex chose their wines carefully and that each wine had a purpose on their list.

The food was amazing as well. Each item was made carefully and individually, and Alex came out and greeted each table to make sure that everyone had what they needed. We were seated out on the porch overlooking the river and enjoyed the view very much!

In the morning we were served a delightful breakfast and relaxed on the porch with our coffee and newspaper. I am almost embarrassed to say that we relaxed out on the porch for quite awhile and it was with great effort and reluctance that we gathered our bags and checked out.

I am quite certain that the next time we go to Vermont we will stay at the Parker House Inn. Not even a question.

Room Tip: Make sure to stay for dinner! You may be tempted to eat at Simon Pearce next door, but if you do you...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mugro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2012

At the recommendation of a friend, I needed one night to stay in an Inn close to NH, and she insisted we (my mother and I) go to Parker House (and visit the Glass House next door), telling me it would be wonderful and I could also run into Woodstock for the day. It was a Monday, so the Inn was quiet, but Adam greeted us warmly and showed us to a funky room overlooking the river - the room was clean and lovely, we had a marvelous dinner on the porch overlooking the river, some of the best food we have ever had, and met some interesting diners and a lovely couple celebrating their 10th anniversary - we stayed up easily until 2am talking to these strangers and Adam never once looked at us like it was time to go to bed LOL! As a matter of fact, he suggested new cocktails for us to try! I loved the whole area, the Inn was charming, and I have now booked it again for a long weekend in late September, although not with my MOM haha! Adam ALSO had saved my girlfriend's sunglasses that she had left there, and I was able to bring them home for her! Thank you Adam; will see you soon! Sally

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Awesome inn at the heart of this charming town. The decor is eclectic and comfy, but what prompts revisiting is the friendiy owners (Adam and chef Alex) and staff. The food is excellent and seasonal...on my recent visit I had a scrumptious bowl of gazpacho complete with lobster tail! Deelish :9
Adam makes the perfect classic martini, crisp and slighty dirty (my preference). Also, the porch overlooks the river gorge so it can be a very romantic place to wine and dine. I have recently made VT my permanent home so I will be popping back in to this gem for years to come!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This place is a gem.
The rooms are beautifully decorated with charm and whimsy.They make every boutique hotel I have stayed in look shabby.
Adam is a gracious host, and made us think we had know him for years.
We were only there for one night, so we didn't have a chance to enjoy the restaurant for dinner, but the breakfast was wonderful.
We cannot wait for our next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Southampton Parish, Bermuda
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have dined now at The Parker House Inn 6 times, and it keeps me coming back when I am in the area. Adam runs a friendly bar and front of house, his drinks are nectar! The food is fantastic and never disappoints. The setting on the porch, overlooking the River is magic, especially at sunset.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We first stayed at Parker House Inn with previous owners about 10 years ago. The Adler's and their staff have injected a modern flair into this historic inn and made it feel like home - only better. The welcoming feel and lots of cozy spots to sit made it feel like you could lounge all day. We enjoyed catching up with Adam and other guests over a drink in the evening. Next time we will not wait so long to return and we will be sure to book our stay over a weekend to enjoy the full menu at the restaurant. We have and will continue to recommend Parker House Inn to friends and we will see you soon.

Room Tip: Woodstock room was roomy with a couch for reading and lounging and a great walk in dressing room tha...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed here for our daughters college 2012 graduation. It is simply a beautiful B&B with a restaurant deck over looking the calming flow of the river and the back side of a beautiful waterfall. Our host Adam was a charming and gracious host who presides over every guest needs.
We would highly recommend anyone staying here and the food is deliciously prepared by his wife who is an executive chef.

Room Tip: Schedule dinner here instead of Simon Pierce, even though SP is beautiful TPH can match the view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm
Inn at Clearwater Pond
Inn at Clearwater Pond
#3 of 6 in Quechee

Been to Parker House Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!