“Absolutely Fantastic”

Ranked #3 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
New Haven, CT
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

Quechee and Woodstock, VT is a beautiful area of VT where one can get away for the weekend. There's easy access to 3 of my favorite activites like Hiking, biking, and eating. The Inn at Clearwater Pond was the perfect place to stay. It is a bed and breakfast in a beautiful house that is on acreage with horses and a swimming pond. The rooms are great, tina had delicious breakfast for us every morning, and it is in close proximity to downtown Woodstock. Being dog friendly was a great plus for our Rosie. I would defnitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Thank you for your nice review and I hope you and Rosie will return again soon - your business is always much appreciated -

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

Tina, the owner/operator of the Inn is a gracious host. She is extremely helpful and informative. The Lila Marin room was warm and inviting. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and spacious! There was also a sitting area for reading or watching TV. The Inn is in a perfect location. It is right down the street from the Quechee Gorge and where the annual Hot Air Balloon Festival is held. There are many places to grab a bite to eat or for fine dining. If you choose to venture further- within an hours drive in different directions, you can experience much of the beautiful state of Vermont: watefalls, swimming holes, country stores, working farms, hiking, etc.
The Inn at Clearwater Pond is a beautiful place to go even if you choose not to venture very far you can enjoy the beauty and serenity the grounds have to offer. Tina is a very special person who welcomes you with grace and charm.
When the arcade/game room is completed the Inn will have even more to offer for a fun night "in" at the Inn. There is also a fitness room in the making for vacationers who like to get in their workout while away.
I was abit dissappointed that the pond was not available while we were there.
I would suggest a coffeemaker with a timer for coffee before 8 a.m. for those who rise early and enjoy coffee on the porch to watch the morning begin:)
Maybe more comfy chairs in the sitting area as well - although the ottomans were nice to put your feet up after a long day:)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hi Jill and George and although a bit late in responding to your great view, thank you! I hope all is well and would love to see both of you back here at the Inn, as it's been a few years. Just wanted you to know that your suggestions were taken - the pond is all repaired, the game room/arcade looking good, early morning coffee comes on at 7 a.m. (sometimes earlier) and there are more comfortable chairs in the Lila Marin Suite, and both with ottomans now. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Middlebury, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

Anyone who has vacationed in Vermont knows that the state’s innkeepers go the extra mile to make things easier for their guests. I’ve recently seen first-hand how that is sometimes literally true.

Over Memorial Day weekend, a friend and I ventured down to Quechee, where we stayed at the Inn at Clearwater Pond. When it came time to drive home on Sunday, however, my car keys were nowhere to be found. Our bags were packed, we were all dressed up and we had somewhere to go – but without the keys we could go nowhere.

We searched our luggage a half-dozen times, to no avail. Innkeeper Tina DeLuca joined the search. Still no keys. We had a garage service open the locked car, shaking our heads at how easy it was to break into the car. But as expected, the keys weren’t locked in the car, either.

After a couple hours of this, I began trying to reach friends back home to see if, with $50 and a bit of pleading, I could persuade someone to get the spare car key from my residence and drive it down to us.

About that time, innkeeper Tina DeLuca appeared with handbag and her truck keys in hands, and announced that she was driving us back home herself -- an hour and a half over the mountains. It was a great kindness and we greatly appreciated it.

Going the extra mile, indeed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hi Greg - I clearly remember your ordeal and was happy to help out.

Tina
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

The Inn at Clearwater Pond is a fantastic place to stay. It is tucked away from the more touristy areas, but it is just close enough to all of the Quechee and Woodstock attractions (hiking, biking, the Simon Pearce restaurant and factory, the Long Trail brewery, etc.). The innkeeper, Tina, is lovely and serves fabulous breakfasts! The rooms are luxurious and romantic, and a two-night stay did not seem long enough to take full advantage of everything that the inn has to offer! I heard about this inn by reading on-line reviews, and I am glad that I trusted the reviews enough to book a stay here - I hope that readers trust my review as well, I would strongly recommend this inn to everyone!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Hi Jennifer and thank you for your kind review. I'm happy I was able to offer you a free upgrade to the Skylar Rose Suite and that you enjoyed the Inn so much. Hope all is going well and hope you'll consider a return visit in the near future -
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2010

We stayed in "Christina's Cottage" beside the house and were happy to sleep on a large luxurious bed, under a high wooden ceiling, with a spacious bathroom and furnace to keep warm. I thoroughly enjoyed the strawberry-rhubarb stuffed french toast and hot tea for breakfast prepared one of the mornings we stayed there. The house itself is beautiful - I imagine the summertime would be a great time to visit this bed and breakfast, as it has a large backyard with a great view and wrap around porch.
Very close to Quechee's attractions like Simon Pearce and the Quechee Club, we found it a nice distance away from our activities. It is also ten minutes away from the town of Woodstock.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Dear Former Guests - I appreciate your review; however I have no idea who you are. No one from New York has stayed in Christina's Cottage since 2009. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this review but seeing that this was the first time the Inn received less than a 4-star rating, I'm a bit intrigued. You appear to have enjoyed the Cottage but then you claim that the Inn was a distance away from your activities. What activities? I can't think of any local activity that would be more than 15-20 minutes from here, unless you are referring to Killington (Vermont's largest ski mountain). Just curious who you are and why you wrote this review.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

Was looking for a getaway for Valentine's day weekend not too far from NYC, and found this treasure. The Inn is beautiful, the bed was SO comfortable, and Tina was just delightful. She really went out of her way to give us directions and make the stay comfortable and easy. We went Snowmobiling at Spikes, as first timers- we would recommend it! It was a wonderful get away, and at Tina's recommendation and our delight stopped at the Long Trail Brewery. Dinner at Simon Pearce (another stellar recommendation from Tina) where were able to watch glass being blown and take a peek at the waterfall. Breakfast was delicious, and we left on a full stomach, stopped at Sugarbush Farms, also, highly recommended-- cheddar and syrup tastings were fun and delicious. All in all just a lovely weekend at a great place in a great town. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway-- this is it!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, even though I'm a bit late in responding. I don't think Trip Advisor will mind. I remember your stay and your first snowmobiling adventure at Spike's. Winter isn't too far away and hopefully, you'll consider a return visit and another snowmobile ride.
fairfield county, ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

We just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Inn. The rooms were beautiful, the Inn and grounds pristine, the horses a wonderful surprise, and the breakfasts absolutely divine. Tina is a wonderful hostess - she catered to our every need and shared a lot of information about the area. We simply could not have enjoyed our stay more - we highly recommend the Inn at Clearwater Pond!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Hi Julie! Hope you and family are doing well. I know you now have a place here in Quechee and probably visit often, especially during ski season. Would love to see you, Todd and Beckett again. I'm just guessing, but Beckett is probably about 6 years old now? Please stop by when you're in the area - Tina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm
The Village Inn of Woodstock
Applebutter Inn Bed and Breakfast
Woodstock Inn and Resort

Been to Inn at Clearwater Pond? Share your experiences!