“Beautiful inn in a perfect setting”

Inn at Clearwater Pond
Ranked #2 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful inn in a perfect setting”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

The Inn at Clearwater Pond is a fantastic place to stay. It is tucked away from the more touristy areas, but it is just close enough to all of the Quechee and Woodstock attractions (hiking, biking, the Simon Pearce restaurant and factory, the Long Trail brewery, etc.). The innkeeper, Tina, is lovely and serves fabulous breakfasts! The rooms are luxurious and romantic, and a two-night stay did not seem long enough to take full advantage of everything that the inn has to offer! I heard about this inn by reading on-line reviews, and I am glad that I trusted the reviews enough to book a stay here - I hope that readers trust my review as well, I would strongly recommend this inn to everyone!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Hi Jennifer and thank you for your kind review. I'm happy I was able to offer you a free upgrade to the Skylar Rose Suite and that you enjoyed the Inn so much. Hope all is going well and hope you'll consider a return visit in the near future -

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We stayed in "Christina's Cottage" beside the house and were happy to sleep on a large luxurious bed, under a high wooden ceiling, with a spacious bathroom and furnace to keep warm. I thoroughly enjoyed the strawberry-rhubarb stuffed french toast and hot tea for breakfast prepared one of the mornings we stayed there. The house itself is beautiful - I imagine the summertime would be a great time to visit this bed and breakfast, as it has a large backyard with a great view and wrap around porch.
Very close to Quechee's attractions like Simon Pearce and the Quechee Club, we found it a nice distance away from our activities. It is also ten minutes away from the town of Woodstock.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Dear Former Guests - I appreciate your review; however I have no idea who you are. No one from New York has stayed in Christina's Cottage since 2009. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this review but seeing that this was the first time the Inn received less than a 4-star rating, I'm a bit intrigued. You appear to have enjoyed the Cottage but then you claim that the Inn was a distance away from your activities. What activities? I can't think of any local activity that would be more than 15-20 minutes from here, unless you are referring to Killington (Vermont's largest ski mountain). Just curious who you are and why you wrote this review.
New York
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Was looking for a getaway for Valentine's day weekend not too far from NYC, and found this treasure. The Inn is beautiful, the bed was SO comfortable, and Tina was just delightful. She really went out of her way to give us directions and make the stay comfortable and easy. We went Snowmobiling at Spikes, as first timers- we would recommend it! It was a wonderful get away, and at Tina's recommendation and our delight stopped at the Long Trail Brewery. Dinner at Simon Pearce (another stellar recommendation from Tina) where were able to watch glass being blown and take a peek at the waterfall. Breakfast was delicious, and we left on a full stomach, stopped at Sugarbush Farms, also, highly recommended-- cheddar and syrup tastings were fun and delicious. All in all just a lovely weekend at a great place in a great town. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway-- this is it!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, even though I'm a bit late in responding. I don't think Trip Advisor will mind. I remember your stay and your first snowmobiling adventure at Spike's. Winter isn't too far away and hopefully, you'll consider a return visit and another snowmobile ride.
fairfield county, ct
Reviewed January 21, 2010

We just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Inn. The rooms were beautiful, the Inn and grounds pristine, the horses a wonderful surprise, and the breakfasts absolutely divine. Tina is a wonderful hostess - she catered to our every need and shared a lot of information about the area. We simply could not have enjoyed our stay more - we highly recommend the Inn at Clearwater Pond!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Hi Julie! Hope you and family are doing well. I know you now have a place here in Quechee and probably visit often, especially during ski season. Would love to see you, Todd and Beckett again. I'm just guessing, but Beckett is probably about 6 years old now? Please stop by when you're in the area - Tina
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 9, 2010

We stayed here in December 09/January 2010 for two nights. We cannot recommend it highly enough. We absolutely agree with everything that has already been said in previous reviews. First of all the Inn/house itself is stunningly decorated and you are made to feel like it is your own for your stay. Tina the owner's style is beautiful. This carried through to our room which was stunning. Huge bed, thick carpet, spotlessly clean and quiet. The best thing about our stay though was Tina herself. She recommended restaurants for dinner, places for lunch, sights to see, a farm to visit and a scenic drive through other parts of Vermont. It is that personal touch with differentiates a place from all others and Tina had it in abundance. As we were staying for New Year's Eve, she laid out champagne glasses for us and our friends, champagne in a wine bucket and little nibbles before we headed out for dinner. She made the dinner reservations, suggested a place to go for drinks after and organised our taxi home. The breakfasts are as good as other reviews have said, every morning it's something different and the two we had were fresh and delicious. All in all - a fabulous trip. We look forward to returning someday if we are ever in that part of the world again. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Hi Melanie and John and hope things are well in Ireland. I clearly remember your New Year's Eve visit and do hope you'll return to Quechee and the Inn if you're ever back in the U.S. Thank you for your kind review and for choosing my Inn as part of your vacation.
Boston
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights over New Years. Tina was so helpful, and had made dinner reservations each night. She provided a fantastic breakfast at our choice of time, with pancakes, German Pancake, sausages, and fresh fruit each day. The rooms were lovely and large with a big, comfortable bed. Located about 1 mile from Quechee main street. Lovely house and gardens, would love to see the pond in the summer. Skiing at Killington is a 30 min drive.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, September 17, 2015
A bit late in responding to your review and I apologize but just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your complimentary words. I'm very pleased you enjoyed my inn and seeing that's it's been about 5 years, I hope you'll consider a return visit. Thank you, again, for staying here!

Tina
New Providence, New Jersey
Reviewed December 6, 2009

This lovely B&B was a perfect setting for our 3rd anniversary getaway. The owner, Tina, is a most welcoming hostess...and she serves the best breakfasts we have had at any B&B - plenty of food, but fresh and light (ask for the breakfast souffle or "rock pile"). We went during "stick season" and the grounds were still scenic - the other seasons must be spectacular. Tina recommended the best restaurants where we enjoyed Vermont charm and amazing food! Clean & spacious rooms are beautifully furnished - and there's a workout room. Lots to do and see in the area!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, September 19, 2015
I appreciate your kind words and I"m sure my guests will enjoy reading highlights of your stay. It's be a while since your visit and I hope you'll return soon. Thank you for your review.

Tina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm
The Village Inn of Woodstock

Been to Inn at Clearwater Pond? Share your experiences!