“Luxury”

Inn at Clearwater Pond
Ranked #2 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
“Luxury”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Definitely the best B&B we've ever stayed at! Our room was beautiful. The breakfasts were orgasmic. Perfect location for leaf peeping. Can't say enough great things about the Innkeeper. She is truly a great host.

We can't wait to return to the Inn.

• Stayed October 2013
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Wow - "luxury", "orgasmic", and the "best B&B we've ever stayed at" - I'm very happy you were so content and comfortable. And you don't have to wait until next leaf-peeping season to return. Northern CT is just a short drive down the highway. Thank you for taking the time to let my readers know you enjoyed your stay. We'll see you soon back here in Vermont.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I don't know where to start. I will say that Tina has thought of absolutely everything. She has books and brochures for all kinds of day trips. She makes dinner reservations for you and gives you all the best recommendations. I wish I would have asked for more traveling advice. What I do know: the Lila Marin room is absolute perfection, the bed is comfortable, I had great nights' of sleep, breakfast was wonderful and you could participate in conversation as much or as little as you please. The dining area and all the "common" areas were simple and elegant, but not in an "untouchable" kind of way. And the grounds are beautiful. I kinda wandered around them in the mornings just to enjoy the view, and enjoyed the few morning conversations I had with Tina as she made breakfast. My favorite time was the last evening I was there. In the last hour before dusk, I rested in the hammock in the back and enjoyed the view and the weather. I know I overuse the word "perfection", but I had the most wonderful feeling of calm and relaxation, I never wanted to leave. Thanks again, Tina, and I really plan to be back next year, or maybe in the spring for the hot air balloon festival. You're the awesomest!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Christine D, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, May 23, 2017
Hi Leslie - I knew you wanted to stay longer as you didn't have a chance to complete your "things-to-do-places-to-visit" list. I'm hoping you will be able to return next June for the hot air balloon festival. I know you are facing are few challenges this coming year and I wish you the best. Keep smiling and be positive. The times you feel down, think about your next trip to Vermont. God-willing, I'll be here to make sure you're able to check off the remaining items from your list.

Also, to my readers and potential guests: My guest posted a photo of the Inn that I was not aware of until recently. The photo was taken when the inn was under major repair and re-painting. Just thought you should know

Tina, Owner/Innkeeper
Boston
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I chose the Inn because we wanted something other than the recommended strip mall hotel that the wedding party had recommended. This definitely fit the bill. The place is beautifully decorated and the grounds are beautiful. Tina is very warm and inviting and makes an elegant and delicious breakfast. I highly recommend the Inn for a home away from home get away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
First, thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Inn. And second, thank you for your very kind and praising review. I clearly remember your visit and enjoyed listening to the lively and witty conversations between breakfast guests. I'm very pleased when guests are relaxed and are enjoying the company of one another. I hope you will return for another visit to the Inn.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to my fair share of B&B's. One of the things that is fairly consistent is that even when people chit chat over breakfast and greet each other throughout the day, there is rarely any significant interaction. Not so the weekend we visited the Inn at Clearwater Pond. The place was not full, but it had several guests. Breakfast is served at 9:00, not anytime you feel like getting up and browsing a buffet table. So, everyone gathered and talked while breakfast was being rolled out. And I would characterize both mornings we stayed there as being a real exchange of experiences, not just passing the time until breakfast is over.

The rooms were terrific with big, poofy beds and lots pf space. The food was magnificent, but hardly "standard fare", including fresh fruit and interesting and tasty "entree". Plenty of coffee.

Tina, the innkeeper is a gem. She will share her information about local eateries and attractions. She was sensitive to our time constraints and told us about a back way to a hiking destination that cut a lot of time off the full trip.

Quechee is a lovely location too. We are from neighboring Massachusetts, so we were somewhat familiar with the area. Newbies won;t have any trouble getting around or finding things.

I recommend the balloon rides from Balloons over New England. Quechee Gorge is not the Grand Canyon, but it is still pretty cool and a nice walk. Free too. We met a delightful family from the mid-west at the bottom and had a lot to talk about.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Great, great title for your review. I love it! Breakfast time always finds me busy in the kitchen with little time to chat with my guests. It was nice to read that you enjoyed your breakfast conversations with other guests. That's part of the fun and experience of staying at a bed and breakfast. Old pro's (and I don't mean age-wise) have learned to "go with the flow" and relish any adventure or experience that comes their way. Each innkeeper has their own way of hosting guests. A guest who expects every B&B to operate the same, will probably be disappointed at some time or another. But those guests who walk through the front door, are happy and relaxed and are looking forward to a new travel experience, often have the best time. Both of you sure fit that category! Hope to see you again soon here in Quechee and thank you for taking the time to write your review. Glad you had a great get-away.

8/14/13
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I wanted a short long weekend getaway. This Inn did not disappoint. Tina is so warm and welcoming and the Inn and the grounds are beautiful! We stayed in Christina's Cottage and it was perfect. It is a separate cottage on the grounds. The Inn is in a perfect location for day trips : Woodstock, Killington, Sugarbush etc.
Tina has a wonderful knack for decorating, and she has created a beautiful country inn !!
Tina , the Inn Keeper, is full of wonderful suggestions and helpful hints about making the most of your getaway. Her breakfasts were also delicious. My husband and I are gluten free, so the morning Tina makes a delicious french toast casserole, she so kindly made one with gluten free bread so we could enjoy as well!
We are definitely going back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello to my new friends from Greenwich, CT! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay here in Quechee and thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review. My readers will enjoy reading about your B&B experience. You are a fun and happy couple and seem to enjoy life very much. I enjoyed our conversations and look forward to your return visit. Hope you're enjoying the "Dear Stinky John"!

8/14/13
Hudson, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful "birthday weekend" at this lovely Bed and Breakfast. Our Hostess, Tina, was warm, friendly and very helpful with her sightseeing and dining suggestions. The breakfasts were "to die for". The grounds are beautiful, very conducive to relaxing and the location is perfect.

One especially nice and thoughtful touch is the "second" refrigerator/freezer in the kitchen for the guests to use.

We will definitely return again.

Jane and Bill

Room Tip: Be sure to visit Woodstock and eat at the Prince and the Pauper. Also visit Simon Pearce Glass Facto...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi Jane and Bill and thank you for your kind and complimentary words. Online reviews are always appreciated and they seem to help future guests decide which B&B or other lodging would work best for them. As an innkeeper, I could go on and on about how great my inn is, but travelers need to hear this from former guests; so, again, thank you for letting my readers know that you enjoyed this "fabulous weekend spot". It was a pleasure to hostess you in my B&B and I look forward to your return visit.

Greenville, New York, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Inn is very quiet with a beautiful view. Tina was a very gracious host, very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Her Inn is beautifully decorated, and centrally located between Hanover (home of Dartmouth), Norwich (try the Wee Heavy at the Norwich Inn & visit King Arthur Flour Company), and Woodstock (lots to see there.) Antique lovers will love Quechee too, with a huge antiques "mall", and several other shops, including Cabot cheese. Take a hike along the Quechee Gorge, or visit the Sugarbush Farm (sample their on-site made cheeses & syrup!)

Room Tip: We had a smaller room with a queen-sized bed, but since we were out for most of the time we were the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hi Kris and Fred and thank you so much for your complimentary review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and it was so much fun getting to know you. Reminiscing about our common interests and memories of Wappinger's Falls and Fishkill Plains was especially enjoyable. Hope you had a nice drive home and enjoyed your visit to the Vermont Country Store in Weston. Please return soon!

Tina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm

Been to Inn at Clearwater Pond? Share your experiences!