“Not outstanding but no reason to be passed over”

The Farmers Diner Quechee Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Niles, Ohio
“Not outstanding but no reason to be passed over”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Good fare in a really old diner that needs sprucing up. The diner itself is really old and in need of freshening up. There is an attached dining room that looked in decent shape. Two of us ate breakfast closer to lunch time one having blueberry pancakes and one having a garbage omelet. Both were good breakfasts and the service was friendly and reasonably on time. Of course when we were there there was 4 other people sitting at 2 tables at the time. We had just spent a week on the road eating out every day and this was on par with other places we stopped at.

• Visited June 2012

Quechee, Vermont
“Don't bother applying for employment.”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

They advertise they need help. People go in and they can't find any applications. I dropped off a resume, get a call that they want me to come in for an interview, and then never heard back.. I have 12 years front of the house exeperience and excellent references. So their loss. The place is very unorganized. I wouldn't want to work there now or bother to eat there either if this is the way they they role.

Visited February 2012
near NYC
“Food always great but service is always a surprise”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

For someplace that is so delicious, we are always mystified at the staffing. We have waited for a table (over 30 min) when the whole restaurant is open with many open tables. When we asked why, they said that there was only one cook scheduled so even if they could seat us, there would be an hour wait for the food. This weekend, only the diner side was open so many people turned around. So, if there's no wait, go! If there's a wait, be prepared to wait!

Visited February 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Calm, Beautiful, Pleasent”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed in Quechee on our way to Kittery, Maine and was blown away. We were caught in a bit of a winter storm and in the morning the village was gorgeous! While driving around to the local specialty shops we came across the Farmers Diner. It looked like a little trolley car. When you walk inside it is small but the good kind of small; intimate. There was a board boasting all the local products that they use in the diner; something I love so much about Vermont. I had the Farmers Classic breakfast and my friend had the Egg Sandwich. Both were delicious and our coffee cups never went cold or empty! The gentleman running the diner that morning was very attentive and friendly and even gave us some pointers for our next visit to Quechee. I can't wait to come back!

• Visited January 2012
Providence, RI
“Best. Breakfast. Ever.”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I had one of the best breakfasts here I have ever had. Local bacon, local sausage, local eggs, local bread... how much better can you get? Oh right... it was all cooked to perfection. The french toast was amazing. The bacon was super flavorful. The service was friendly. Even the orange juice tasted like I was biting into a freshly picked orange. I will definitely be going back.

Visited January 2012