“True Fine Dining in Quechee”

The Parker House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New York City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“True Fine Dining in Quechee”
Reviewed September 5, 2006

My husband and I frequently dine at the Parker House when we are in Quechee and consistently experience truly fine dining. We live in New York City and frequent the high end restaurants there. We often compare entrees to what we experience at the Parker House, coming away ranking Alex's creatively subtle and nuanced flavors as the best we know. She is truly one of the most accomplished chefs we know!

1 Thank moonchild

West H artford CT
“Stay Away”
Reviewed September 2, 2006

First Impressions about this being a truly great dining experience were quickly replaced when my meal of duck arrived. I don't kn ow abut everyone else, but uncooked fowl of any kind is pretty gross to me. I thought of sending it back for mkore cooking, but decided there were a few pieces that looked done enough to eat. And I love duck. Although I chewed the piece, I could not bring myself to swallow it. It wasn't a decision onmy brain's part to spit it out, I literally could not get it down my throat. My husband, who had been eating a pasta disk halfheartedly toook a bite thinking it was osmething wrong with me not the idsh. And he couldn't swallow it either. Then as he continued to eat his meal he found that it was covered in oil to the pont where it wasn't edible for him either. I don't think the fish in h is dish were fresh. So much for atmosphere. What good is atmosphere if you don't have food you can eat. We paid the bill and left. No one asked if the food was ok or if anythng was wrong. I guess they didn't want to hear about it and were glad we weren't the kind of peole to complain. But it was a very expensive mistake. Very expensive.

3 Thank karengaillee
VTChef, Owner and Chef at The Parker House Inn and Restaurant, responded to this review, September 5, 2006
.How disturbing, we take great pride in our staff and food and strive to make everyone’s dining experience memorable and special. If we had known there was any problem we would have immediately done everything in our power to make it right with this guest.

A few points though:

We are a small restaurant and we check with every guest to make sure that they are happy, there are many opportunities to speak up if there is an issue.

We don’t have any pasta dishes with fish or oil so we are not sure to what they are referring.

We cook all of our dishes medium rare unless otherwise specified by the guest. We would have gladly taken back the dish if we had known it wasn’t to their liking and cooked it more or replaced it with another dish at no charge.

We wish we had known about the guest displeasure at the time so we could have fixed what ever problem they felt they had experienced.