“Best meal we had in Vermont”

The Parker House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We traveled through Vermont for a week to experience the fall colors. Over the next 7 days we ate at many fine restaurants all through the state. The Parker House was by far the best. If you haven't been there, I would suggest this as a destination. The menu was original, each dish was delicious and the service was excellent.

2  Thank barb1560

Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was a toss up between this restaurant and the Simon Pearce (next door, although not according to the Google map). We were more concerned about the food quality, and based on the ratings, chose this restaurant. We were not disappointed. All the courses were delicious, and the quality was worth the finer restaurant prices (can't say that about many). In addition, the setting was truly country inn, with tables in multiple rooms to give a cozier feel, and the staff clearly seasoned professionals.

3  Thank edjan_11
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I received a voucher from Simon Pearce for registering with them for a free night's stay and a free dinner with them at their restaurant. This is what sparked our interest to head up there. We went for 3 nights including Valentine's Day. Now we are in the restaurant industry and would usually never visit a restaurant on Valentine's Day but I'm so glad we did!!. We went to Simon Pearce the night before and the food was great, but there was just something a little more special at the Inn. We just felt at home from the moment we walked in the doors. The service was amazing and the food was out of this world!!! My husband and I go out to eat often and love to try new places, and this was one of the best we've been to. The staff was so friendly and knowledgeable, and if someone didn't know something they would run and get someone who did. It was all hands on deck, meaning not just one person was taking care of us. It was the entire staff, and they were never too intrusive. Just the right amount. Overall, I would highly recommend this restaurant. We can't wait to take a trip back and stay at the inn.

3  Thank HeatherMcMahon
Reviewed January 27, 2013

After a recent shopping trip to Quechee, a friend and I decided to have dinner at The Parker House (we really knew nothing about it previously) before heading home. It became the most lovely evening, starting with cocktails and an appetizer (the fabulous onion and goat cheese tart!) in the homey, relaxing lounge. We moved on to dinner in the dining room, where the roaring fireplace was a welcome sight on a very cold night. The service and attentiveness were beyond exceptional and a visit from the chef/owner during dinner was a wonderful opportunity to tell her that the rack of lamb special was superb. Enough said!! We will be revisiting with the guys, so that they may experience what we raved about when we got home!!

1  Thank Carol E
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We occasionally get to the Parker House, primarily to celebrate special occasions. This year we decided to go for Thanksgiving dinner and it was absolutely great. We got there a bit early and sat at the bar, chatting with Adam...which is always great fun...and a group that was up from NYC. Knowing that Thanksgiving dinner awaited, we skipped the appetizers, but were very tempted by the choices and by seeing the folks next to us enjoying theirs

The food was beautifully presented, and perhaps the best turkey dinner I've ever had. The service was perfect, in spite of them being quite busy. I have to admit that I ate too much (it was Thanksgiving after all), but thoroughly enjoyed every bite. Sitting in front of the fire during dinner made it even more special.

1  Thank AndyV2011