“Really great food, always execellent service”

The Parker House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We go here whenever we are in the area. Wife/Husband owned and operated, and they really care about making it a memorable experience

1  Thank AndyV2011

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I received a gift certificate to the Parker House Inn for our wedding and two years later we finally found the time to use it and boy am I glad we did! For two busy, working class individuals this was an amazing treat. Not only was the food delicious but the view was outstanding. Nothing like having a fancy dinner overlooking a river at sunset to create some romance. We were seated towards the back of the porch but the way that the tables were arranged still provided us with an excellent view of the river and mountains. The service was fantastic and speedy. Our waiter was pleasant and very attentive. We ordered an appetizer, salad, 2 entrees, 2 beers, a margarita and 2 desserts and with tip included the bill came to about $92 which is outstanding considering the quality of the food and great atmosphere. Finally, I must say I was a little nervous that perhaps the Inn would be a bit pretentious but it wasn't at all. If you're looking for fine dining in a cozy, relaxed atmosphere than this is the place for you!

1  Thank jtoddrn
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We intended to eat at the neighboring restaurant but left because of a snobby attitude. We crossed the parking lot and got a table at the Parker House. Our server was knowledgeable, the food was imaginative and tasty and the view was perfect In addition our desserts were divine! We plan on returning the next time we are in town. This place is a gem! We are so glad we found it!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and I first went to Parker House for our anniversary. We had a wonderful time and the food was delicious. Two bites into my clam bake entree, I put my fork down and revelled in the taste. The meal was outstanding through dessert and after dinner drink. High quality ingredients, great atmosphere, inspired cooking, and a fair price. We're going back tonight -- this time the occasion is the food!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

The weather certainly had something to do it - providing a gorgeous Vermont sunset over the Quechee pond as viewed from our balcony porch table for two. But from a practical stance, the mood was set by the well-conceived and executed Fishmonger's Tasting Board ($19 for 2) showcasing smoked trout, caper-studded shaved salmon, and lime-encrusted shrimp, all embedded in greens with creme fraiche on the side. Decadence. The lobster, mussel, salmon, and shrimp bouillabaisse was perfectly cooked. I cried as the portion of saffron and butter-infused broth I couldn't finish went to the scullery, but how do you refrigerate when on a bike tour? The flour-less chocolate cake was as good as any I've tasted, but the coup de grace was their signature tequila, Bailey's, B&B, and espresso after-dinner drink with floating coffee beans.
The Parker House isn't as fancy as their arguably better-known next-door neighbor, the Simon Pearce, but its more approachable, a damn-sight more affordable, and the wait staff is just as good, knowledgeable, and friendly (they even know and divulge recipes).

1  Thank Bob F