“Comfortable Old White Folks Comfortably Dining”
Review of Simon Pearce

Simon Pearce
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Simon Pearce Restaurant, recently voted one of America’s Most Romantic Restaurants by Travel and Leisure and Best of New England, VT 2011: Meal with a View, offers Creative American cuisine utilizing fresh local ingredients, thoughtfully prepared and attentively served in a classic restored Mill overlooking the Ottauquechee River. The staff motto is "quality without pretense." The dining room is casually elegant with views overlooking the waterfall and covered bridge. Recipient of Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" since 1993, they offer a series of wine dinners monthly from November through May. They feature handmade glassware and pottery, which you can observe being made in their on-site glass and pottery workshop at The Mill. Enjoy their retail shop before or after you dine. Reservations are not accepted for lunch but are accepted for dinner. The restaurant will do their best to accommodate requests but does not guarantee any specific seating.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

That description's not critical; it includes me. My wife and I often stop here when traveling from Massachusetts to parts farther north and/or west. The food is great, with plenty of healthy options. The staff are well-trained. And watching the glass-blowing down below adds a bit of entertainment. Simon Pearce's glassware is too heavy for my taste, but it's well-done, and overall, I'm very glad the restaurant is there. On our latest visit (four of us) we had fritters, calamari salad, quiche, salmon lunch, lamb burger and one dessert. Yummy.

1  Thank abecedarius
There are newer reviews for Simon Pearce

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great view of waterfalls and wooden bridge. Enjoyed the glassblowing downstairs. Shopping available too. Great place to stop. Easy parking

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were seated on the patio with a great view of the falls. The service was professional and friendly.
The food was different and delicious. The glassware is made in the factory one floor below and sold worldwide. This is a very high quality restaurant and a great choice if you are in the area.

1  Thank 124C41NewEngland
Reviewed June 29, 2014

When I attended Dartmouth College, this restaurant, in a beautiful artistic glass mill, was a special occasion place for my crowd. I used to eat there several times a year to celebrate the end of exams, an award, and so forth. When I went back for my college reunion recently, I wanted to share that experience with my husband, who I didn't know back then. I was apprehensive that like so many other things in life, my memories would not be accurate or the restaurant would no longer be good. Was I wrong! It was as good as I remembered, if not better. We were patient and waited for a waterfall-view table at the edge of the windowed part of the restaurant, and enjoyed the best meal of our trip and one of our best meals ever. My husband had a Faroe Island salmon and I had a thai beef dish, all with their signature earthy bread and small scones with butter. The service was knowledgeable, friendly and prompt. I wish every meal out were as perfect as this one.

1  Thank pnjaban
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stopped to have lunch on my drive returning from Norwich, VT to Manchester, NH. It was my first time to dine on the patio since "the flood." I had the local beet salad and Vermont cheddar soup. Yum! I also had a glass of a beautiful German Pinot Blanc. My waitress was delightful and offered the perfect amount of attention. A lovely afternoon interlude.