“Great food, service, view and shopping!”
Review of Simon Pearce

Simon Pearce
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Simon Pearce Restaurant, recently voted one of America’s Most Romantic Restaurants by Travel and Leisure and Best of New England, VT 2011: Meal with a View, offers Creative American cuisine utilizing fresh local ingredients, thoughtfully prepared and attentively served in a classic restored Mill overlooking the Ottauquechee River. The staff motto is "quality without pretense." The dining room is casually elegant with views overlooking the waterfall and covered bridge. Recipient of Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" since 1993, they offer a series of wine dinners monthly from November through May. They feature handmade glassware and pottery, which you can observe being made in their on-site glass and pottery workshop at The Mill. Enjoy their retail shop before or after you dine. Reservations are not accepted for lunch but are accepted for dinner. The restaurant will do their best to accommodate requests but does not guarantee any specific seating.
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Had most enjoyable lunch made with Vermont sourced ingredients. Service very good . Ask to sit in the solarium overlooking the falls and covered bridge. We then shopped the company store for interesting glassware. Nice day trip from Boston.

1  Thank brewster44
There are newer reviews for Simon Pearce

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I along with another couple had lunch here last week. We had been told by the locals that we should be there by 11:00 to get in line if we wanted a table with the view of the falls. We were third in line and were seated when the restaurant opened by the windows overlooking the falls.
My friend had the hot spiced cider which she said was delicious. We ordered soups. The soup of the day was a butternut squash bisque with maple syrup added. It was the best soup I believe I've ever had. It was like dessert! My husband had the VT cheddar soup. It was good but nothing like as good as mine! I wouldn't let him have but the one taste.
For entrees we had shepherd's pie, quiche, and crabcakes. Everyone enjoyed their meal. No complaints.
For dessert we had the special which was a Guinness cake w/ice cream and a drizzle of butterscotch, cider sorbet which was delicious and refreshing, and a s'mores cake which I didn't taste but was told it was a chocoholic's delight.
Great service, view and food. We would certainly return when in the area.
Be sure to visit the Simon Pearce gallery and glassblowing demo. Also, be sure to have photos taken outside with the falls and covered bridge in the background.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was just in Quechee, VT and had two meals at Simon Pearce, dinner and then their brunch on Sunday. Dinner was fabulous, brunch was simply out of this world. The care and attention this restaurant pays to locally sourced good food is evident in every bite and interaction with the wonderful wait staff, who are neither obsequious or haughty, just Vermonters doing their job well.
The brunch was so good we stayed there for about two hours (four of us) drinking and eating our way through a wonderful assortment of dishes. Go hungry, eat all you can and damn the bill. Just enjoy every bite.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We ate here many years ago and its still the same. I think we even got the same table! A wonderful table for two in a nook with windows that overlooked the falls and the water. The food was excellent as well as the service. Will definitely do again when in this area.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had an early dinner at Simon Pearce restaurant and it was perfect in every way. I made a reservation for 6pm, and we got a lovely window table where we could watch the sun set overlooking the water.

The meal was extraordinary. I ordered squash with root vegetables, and it was like a picture on a plate. The pumpkin whoopie pie was amazingly good. The food was fresh and the service was delightful - it was one of the best meals we had on our trip to New England. And there was even a Simon Pearce glass pumpkin decorating the table!

1  Thank AngieNSW