“Beautiful & Romantic Setting”
Review of Simon Pearce

Simon Pearce
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Simon Pearce Restaurant, recently voted one of America’s Most Romantic Restaurants by Travel and Leisure and Best of New England, VT 2011: Meal with a View, offers Creative American cuisine utilizing fresh local ingredients, thoughtfully prepared and attentively served in a classic restored Mill overlooking the Ottauquechee River. The staff motto is "quality without pretense." The dining room is casually elegant with views overlooking the waterfall and covered bridge. Recipient of Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" since 1993, they offer a series of wine dinners monthly from November through May. They feature handmade glassware and pottery, which you can observe being made in their on-site glass and pottery workshop at The Mill. Enjoy their retail shop before or after you dine. Reservations are not accepted for lunch but are accepted for dinner. The restaurant will do their best to accommodate requests but does not guarantee any specific seating.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This setting is so beautiful overlooking a covered bridge & waterfall. The handcrafted lighting, glassware, dinnerware is just as wonderful as the selections on the menu. All food is locally sourced as possible & I really appreciate that effort! We had a delicious meal & wine list had many wines available by the glass.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my second trip back to Woodstock and I knew I wanted to try the Simon Pearce Restaurant this time around. The ambiance of the mill is wonderful. It's a great place to take kids because they can saunter downstairs to where the glassblowing is in full swing and watch the craftsmen hard at work. If you go during daylight hours, you can take in the beautiful waterfall that used to power the mill. And then, of course, there's the delicious food.

My husband and I are foodies and this restaurant was a delight from start to finish. Even the bread was good enough to go back to the restaurant for! We both started with the Vermont Cheddar soup and then we moved on to the Parmesan Gnocchi and Poached Shrimp appetizer. The sauce was unbelievable and the gnocchi was so light and didn't weigh us down. For the main course I had the Crisp Roasted Duckling, which is one of their signature dishes. My only complaint about this entree was that it was so filling, I didn't have room left for dessert! It was everything roasted duck should be, and the sauce was delectable. My husband had the Roasted Rack of Lamb, which was also exquisite.

In closing, the incredible devotion and attention to detail that Simon Pearce has dedicated towards glassblowing has also been directed towards this restaurant. I wasn't expecting such an exquisite meal but now I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

One of the benefits of being retired is the ability to treat ourselves to lunch at Simon Pearce! We have been coming here for years and we always have a fine meal and excellent service. Starting with the biscuits and Irish bread is worth the price alone! I could dine on those forever. In the past 3 years, I have been following a vegan diet and was surprised to see that the menu choices included a vegetarian or vegan option! Last week, I had a RED QUINOA AND GRILLED PORTABELLO TIAN with braised shallots and roasted beets! Delicious and I didn't even have to ask for a meal substitute the way I usually do in restaurants. Well done chef! Besides all the other things to see and buy at S.P., the food never disappoints.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went for lunch and the views of the falls covered with ice and snow are just stunning.
The restaurant is open and full of windows, very inviting.
The waitress helped my companion change a side dish to her liking
and the chef was so accommodating. Food was very good, try the cheddar soup,
The meals and drinks are served in elegant Simon Pearce glass and pottery.
A trip through the Simon Pearce showroom on the way in to the restaurant was
a beautiful beginning to a great lunch.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

It's been a few years and a hurricane since we lasted dined at SP's. The bridge has been rebuilt and the area shows few signs of the damage that Irene inflicted. What clearly is as good as ever is the wonderful ambiance of the terrace room, sparkling service and gourmet cuisine all found under one roof at Simon Pearce. Others must agree as at least a dozen parties were seated shortly after the resturant opened at six. Yes if you want a balcony seat overlooking the waterfall one must dine early or have good luck at mid service or beyond. But no worries as anywhere under the roof is a great spot for a memorable evening.