“Delicious Pizza/Flatbreads”
Review of River Stones - CLOSED

River Stones
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“Delicious Pizza/Flatbreads”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

It was just so great that Riverstones opened in Quechee last June! We totally enjoyed our evening at the newly renovated restaurant. The menu offered a good variety of flatbreads, appetizers and main courses. We were very happy to see that the bar area had been opened up, yet the rustic bar remained in place. We will surely return again next winter.

Visited June 2013

“Good service, mediocre food”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I stopped for lunch while out antiquing.I will notbe back. The service was fairly good, the atmosphere attractive, the food poor. The hostess seated me promptly, gave me a menu. The server described the specials, never pointed out that the drink specials card on the table had the pizza menu on the other side. My quiche was lukewarm, very bland, and was served with an odd white sauce. The side salad had wilted lettuce and a viniagrette dressing that was almost straight vinager. The iced tea, strong andfreshly brewed, was by far the best part

• Visited September 2013
Vermont
“Formerly a favorite - now I just can't go there any more”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Unfortunately, this is not the place it once was. It used to be a cozy, reliable place for good, not too expensive comfort food and popular with locals. True, the wine by the glass was a little pricey back then but now it's just flat-out unaffordable for casual dining.

Across the board, the food is now incredibly expensive. Apart from the sticker shock of the new menu prices, the meal I had was inedible and had to be sent back to the kitchen.

Whoever bought the place seems to think they are in Boston, not Vermont. Quechee has many fine upscale dining options. We need more mid-range options.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Swissgrrl
Brooklyn
“good food.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food here is excellent. There is something for everyone in the family. Pizza, burgers, pasta, steaks, seafood. Prices are reasonable. Good drink specials. Friendly staff.

Visited August 2013
Quincy, Massachusetts
“The food was excellent.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place has apparently changed hands, and is now River Stones. I don't know what it was like before, but I thought the interior decor was very welcoming, though we were left standing at the entrance for several minutes staring at employees chatting instead of greeting us. Finally, what I suspect was one of the new owners got one of them t seat us, and from there the service, and the experience, improved. Our waiter was decent, and the food was excellent. I had the short rib, my wife, risotto, and my eldest daughter, salmon, all wonderfully prepared from the adult menu. My youngest had a chicken sandwich off the kid's menu that looked so-so, but she seemed to enjoy it. The desserts were delicious, and the freshly-brewed iced tea was perfection. The menu was a little pricey, but I felt the overall experience was very good, and I hope this place gets it's legs under it with the new owners.

• Visited August 2013