“Great Irish restaurant”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
“Great Irish restaurant”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My wife and I were on our way to Stowe from Boston and stopped at the Limerick Irish Eatery in Quechee, VT near White River Junction. The atmosphere, food and service were great. My wife had a great Ruben sandwich and I had the Shepherds pie. Both were outstanding. We enjoyed talking to the owners and vowed to return.

Vermont
“A cozy cafe, Irish specialties, excellent wine and beer.”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We made this our destination for a day trip through a beautiful part of Vermont. The service was wonderful and we felt welcome and that their customers are important to them. I recommend the full Irish breakfast - my husband loved it! I knew it was too much for me to eat. He had a pint of Guinness and I had a glass of delicious wine.
Next door is the Cheesecake bakeshop where we bought a slice of the lemon cheesecake to take home; that was delicious too.I also recommend going on Route 4 through Woodstock if you are headed west. Even in the cold winter landscape it was beautiful. Not sure if they accept reservations - it was not busy at lunch time on a week day - or if they do brunches. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that they could have produced a nicer vegetable choice instead of frozen (but cooked, of course) peas with my meal.

• Visited February 2012
Virginia
“Comedy night in Quechee”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

What a hoot! Four Vermonter comedians playing to a crowd of 20. A very enjoyable evening. A nice selection of beer (a printed list would help) Guinness on tap.

Visited February 2012
Hartford, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take the time to eat at this Great Resturant”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

You get a GREAT meal at a Great price. The food is ALWAYS out standing!!! The owners and staff always make you feel at home, and once you been here, you'll just want to keep coming back!!! The owners own the Cheesecake Factory next door, so you know the cheesecake is Always Fresh!!! I Love this little resturant :-)

• Visited December 2011
Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Don't bother”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I ate at the Limerick on two occasions, the first was not bad. The service was good, and unobtrusive, and the sandwiches were ok, (I had the vegitarian wrap, and my friend had the reuben) but a bit overpriced.
The second visit insured that I would never come back. We arrived at 2:30, thinking that if the kitchen closed at 3 that would be plenty of time, and we weren't too close to the end of the day for them. The server was horrible, and left us feeling like we were wasting her time by being there. The kitchen is on the other side of a small partition, and I am not sure if they are aware that *everything* can be heard throughout the restaurant. I can swear like a sailor if I'm in the mood, at home, with friends, in private; sitting waiting for our sandwiches and hearing f-bombs being shouted from the kitchen was NOT what we were expecting. Nor did we expect to hear a sudden barrage of cursing about a table coming in a half hour before they closed.
The Latte I ordered to-go at the end of the meal tasted like dirty espresso with burned milk.
Not a pleasant experience in any way.

• Visited October 2011