“Good stop for breakfast”

Dana's by the Gorge
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stopped in because it was along the road we were driving. Didn't know it was there until we rounded the corner. Since there were a lot of cars in the lot, we thought we'd try it. Very good food. Decent prices. Service was fast and professional. We'd stop again, if we were going by there. We sat on the enclosed front deck so we could watch the tourists walking to the gorge.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were at the Sugarbush Farm and got a tip from another tourist to stop for lunch. Lots of homemade. They are only open for breakfast and lunch. If you are in the area it's a great place. Nicely priced with good portions. The staff is fun and friendly and aim to please. We had questions and they were more than helpful. We would stop again if we were in the area.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I haven't eaten here this year but for the past fifteen years or so prior to that, have eaten there regularly for breakfast during the summer months. My Vermonter friend and I would have one of the egg specials. I particularly liked the eggs served with sausage patties. Waitresses are always available to re-fill your coffee cup, as often as you would like.

As it gets very busy, I recommend arriving round 7:00 AM.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food here is very good (love the Fruited Plain Salad!!), but the prices have gone up in the last few years. Still it's a clean place with a great atmosphere and good food. Better than eating at a fast food joint.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We visited Dana's while we were in Vermont for a friend's wedding. We stopped there on the way to the hotel Saturday morning and had a delicious breakfast. I had the "Sunshine Special" which was perfectly cooked and really delicious. My husband had the maple walnut french toast and raved about it. I tasted it and it was really outstanding! It came with a ton of fresh cut fruit and was presented beautifully. The waitstaff was excellent - very sweet and very attentive. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Vermont as there were a few more items on the menu that were calling my name :).

Been to Dana's by the Gorge? Share your experiences!