“OK but won't go back”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This restaurant was convenient and because of bad weather we did not want to go far from our hotel. The bill for a very large hamburger, French fries, standard Cesar salad with chicken and chowder was $30.00. I thought this was high. The food was ok. Nothing special.

There are newer reviews for Shepards Pie Restaurant

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We recently met friends here for dinner. We had the scallops and rice. The food was expertly and innovatively prepared. I would definitely eat here again when I am in the area.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had a meeting with 23 people in their banquet room. This place does not look like much from the outside but the food is excellent. I had the beet salad with grilled chicken. It was excellent. The tomato bisque soup was also mighty tasty.

All the sandwiched were served on home made thick Texas toast style bead. there were no complaints from anyone.

I would highly recommend

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Pleasantly surprised at the great food. Ambience is that of an average run of the mill restaurant for American fare. Both my husband and I ordered from the special's menu (1-brie stuffed chicken and 2- a pork loin). The presentation was elegant and unexpected. Being from the NY metropolitan area it looked like a plate I'd find served in the City at a pricey restaurant. The pork loin dish was incredible. Probably the best pork I've ever had. Medallions, lightly encrusted in pumpkin seeds served over red cabbage and cranberry relish atop mashed potatoes.

Likewise, my daughter raved about the sauce on the buffalo wings and my 4-year old was impressed with the quesadilla. Great bar/comfort food but exceptional dishes of a more complex nature. Having a second home in the area we will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were very pleased with our meals. The restaurant's name, outside look, and decor suggest a country cooking type place, but the food far exceeded that. My wife's fish and chips was one of the best ever. Succulent haddock perfectly cooked in a crispy and not greasy crust, with a pile of crisp, seasoned fries that could have fed two people. My pork loin special was a spectacular visual presentation that I did not want to disturb! It looked like something from a 5-star restaurant that should have cost well more than $17.99, and tasted like it. The salad bar was plain but adequate. We highly recommend this deceptive-looking eatery.