“good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Was please with the food and salad bar. You can only do the bar one time. Waitress was slow on refiles on drinks I never did get my water I asked for. But the food was good and close to the hotel

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I dined here tonight and were satisfied with the experience. While the meal was not memorable in any way, the service and quantity was very good. I happen to really enjoy Shepard's Pie, and generally order it when it is on the menu. Given the name of this place I was very excited. Truth be told, it was just okay. Not memorable at all. My wife had one of the salad specials, and she enjoyed it. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, and want a decent meal, you should go there.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting the area for only two nights and wanted some good food after a day of driving. The Shepard's Pie Restaurant fit the bill perfectly. Easy to find, casual dress code, excellent reputation. We had their pork loin special which was tender and terrific. We chased it with an apple crisp and choco peanut butter cake. Everything was great. Service was prompt, attentive and acted please to help. The limited menu is just broad brushed enough to make it interesting and made the selection process a challenge. We hope we find another reason to visit the area again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

There's a lot to like about Shephard's Pie, the portions are large and the prices are moderate. It just needs a little something extra in the prep and quality to go from OK to very good. You can't go wrong here, the question is, can you do better? Maybe... and that's why we left just satisfied, not feeling compelled to return. Burgers, soups, salads, fish and chips all satisfied but didn't wow any of us.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went on a Friday night visit to enjoy a meal while listening to a local bluegrass band. The weather was great so we ate at a picnic table set up outside where the band was playing. The menu has several standard American meals with daily specials that offer a different taste, especially to those who dine there regularly. I had the chicken parmigiana which was humongous and I ended up taking home almost half of the meal and that never happens for me. It was tasty and came with a salad bar that was while not overwhelming in choices, w more that sufficient.
My son had mussels which was listed as an appetizer but more than sufficed for a complete meal which he thoroughly enjoyed.

The addition of live local music on Friday and Saturday evening was a definite plus and made for an enjoyable meal and evening. Our server did a fine job especially with the extra distance between the kitchen and the outside tables.