“A gem for what it is.”

Dining options: Reservations
Arnold, Maryland
“A gem for what it is.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

As people who value food and like a good meal in a fine restaurant, we did not necessarily expect much from this basic dinner joint in Quechee. However, I was extremely impressed with the competent, jovial service, the absolute fresh vegetables and meats, and the positive and wholesome atmosphere which greeted us immediately upon our entry. My daughter ordered standard kid fare (chicken fingers) and I was delighted to see that they resembled more of what I attempt to cook than the usual deep-fried horrors normally encountered. Clearly homemade care was put into everything on the menu. I highly recommend this restaurant for a casual meal.

1 Thank karindale

Southborough, Massachusetts
“Good restaurant, reasonable price”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

It was a good restaurant with reasonable prices. The Shephards pie was good (I wanted to try real Shephards pie for the first time in my life). The other food was also good.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank sobodad
quechee
“Be careful with your food choice”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We had high hopes but were very dissapointed. I would not go there again. The food was terrible. Some of it was undercooked and some overcooked. We were under the impression that the food was homemade but the items I asked about were apparently not.

3 Thank mamasad
Tijuana, Mexico
“The name is the game”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Stopped by the Gift Shop at the Quichee Gorge and one of the locals recommended this restaurant. Excellent choice for lunch, but the dinner menu looked great, too.. Our servers were friendly and fun. The food was great. We had the shepherd's pie and it was incredible---worth naming the restaurant after it. Also had the pesto parmesan pasta with garlic spinach that was just as amazing. Nice comfortable atmosphere. Great dining experience.

2 Thank AmigoArturoArturo