“Very enjoyable glassblowing experience”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Route 4 Glassblowing Studio
Ohio
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable glassblowing experience”
Reviewed February 4, 2010

I learned of the opportunity to take a 1 hour glassblowing class when visiting the Route 4 Glassblowing Studio store in Quechee Gorge Village. The actual studio where classes are held is about 20 minutes S of the store. I particularly liked the fact that evening classes could be arranged since it is often difficult to find something to do in the evenings when traveling.

I had a one-on-one class with Lada, the owner of the studio. I'm not at all artistically inclined but I was totally satisfied with the quality of the pieces that we made. We got right to work and I thought that Lada was a very good instructor, having the correct mix of allowing me to do hands-on work myself but intervening when necessary to keep from spoiling the pieces.

In one hour we were able to create 3 pieces that I was proud to keep. I made 2 pieces that didn't involve blowing glass and 1 piece that was blown. We were extremely busy the entire time. If you want to have any pictures or video of your experience you definitely need to bring a friend to work the camera because you'll be too busy to try to take any pictures yourself.

Be aware that glass objects need to be put in a cooling furnace for about 24 hours so you'll either need to come back the next day to pick up your items or arrange to have them shipped (for an additional fee which was very reasonable).

I found this to be a very enjoyable experience and would recommend it for anyone looking for a memento of their trip to VT/NH.

16 Thank TravelingMan446