“Won't stay here again...”

Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quechee
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Won't stay here again...”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

As part of a group we stayed at this hotel and were put in a smoking room. Cigarette burns on the carpet, wallpaper falling off the walls. They ran out of bread for toast in the morning. Quality Inn should take their sign off...there is no quality here. Great location.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
Düsseldorf
Reviewed October 7, 2013

To stay in Woodstock is really an expensive experience. So we looked for an alternative and found this Motel. We had a room that facing the backyard - so it was quiet. The Queen was good - the breakfast also- with hot waffles, sausage and eggs.
Queche Gorge is an nice walk and it is not far to woodstock.
We paid 95 Dollar....for this region during Fall Foliage a good price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
nomnomnom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My mom and I chose this hotel because we wanted something close to Quechee Gorge and didn't want to pay an outrageous amount of money.(There are a good number of b&b's in the area....but not exactly a good fit for mother and daughter). We found a coupon in one of those free hotel coupon books they have at thruway stops. I'm convinced that is why we stayed in a terribly outdated dirty room. Before I continue I should say that I work in a hotel, a housekeeping team leader. Before that I worked for several years as a front desk clerk. I would not stay here again and I def am not staying at a Quality Inn again either, even though they apparently are "updated". The one good thing I can say about this place was the front desk clerk! I think her name was Savannah? She was very friendly, engaging, and informative. Def appreciated the quality of customer service here! Now onto the room. One of those half bathroom deals, which is fine. Smelled like smoke on arrival(nonsmoking) the mirror had toothpaste splatter all over it, ironing board cover stained, carpet was a solid shade which is terrible at hiding the numerous stains, carpet was definitely NOT vacuumed. Under the bed I found some more crumbs, a plastic fork and a empty bottle of wine. The toliet seat lid was missing a hinge which caused the seat to be incredibly loose. The bed skits were covered. COVERED with...stains...i'd rather not even write what the stains most likely were. One comforter had green and brown smears on it. The wallpaper was stained and peeling and had dents and holes in it everywhere. The phone,clock, and tv were from the 80's but worked. We turned on the heat and it smelled like burning. Luckily the sheets were clean and the breakfast was good(waffles!). The customer service is the only reason its not rated terrible. I was shocked at this place after all the good reviews I read. So disappointed. If you decide to stay here don't get stuck in Room 222.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 222.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank nomnomnom
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Overall a nice place to stay. Room was spacious and clean with pillow options which I appreciate. I liked having the sink outside of the bathroom. The shower toilet area was very small, but manageable. Great location and easy walk to area attractions. There was a line at check in (5:00 pm) through no fault of the clerk. There needs to be another attendent there at this busy time. I'm sorry I didn't get her name, but she was friendly, polite, helpful, and professional. I would have liked to have a refrigerator in the room as we like to travel with some of our own food and beverages. Breakfast was the usual assortment of items, but was missing fresh friut which I think should always be offered with a contnental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The staff was extremely pleasant & helpful. The room was spacious & immaculate. Nice continental breakfast. I was very pleased with my stay & would not hesitate to stay again. Short easy stroll to theGorge & shops. Nice restaurant (Shepherd's Pie...they serve more than that) right next door.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I check in for a nice relaxing stay before a race that I'll be taking part in the next day. Wake up after a quiet night sleep in an about average bed to an about average breakfast with many choices. This is all exactly what I expected and paid for and I'm grateful for it. Then comes one of my biggest annoyances with hotels - maids opening the door without knocking or checking in any way if guests are in the room. It's 9am and I'm in my underwear moments before being naked for a shower and my door swings right open to the street (it's a motel). A minute later and the maid and anyone else nearby sees me naked. C'mon!

Room Tip: All rooms appear fine, just use the extra lock at all times.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank D C
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We looked at another cheaper hotel and couldn't wait to see Quality Inn. I was not disappointed. The Grounds and Lobby were very inviting. We had all the usual amenities that we needed. The other place ( super 8) charged 10 extra for a microwave. Here we had both fridge and microwave and coffee machine. They had a nice clean pool area that we tried out this morning while waiting for all the attractions and shops to open. The pool area had a dressing area and shower with clean towels. They also have a fitness area. They had eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit and all the usual cereals and buns for breakfast from 6-10. The desk clerk, Tabitha, was very friendly and helpful. She gave me exact directions to a real grocery store a few miles away. There were 3 restaurants right next door as well as several shops just down the sidewalk in both directions. The trail to the gorge was just across the street for a nice hike. We slept fine and had plenty of room to move around and put out our stuff in the room. The carpet could use a redo, but overall it was a fine stay. They also honored the coupon book.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back. It is quieter and you can walk through easy enough inside. You do not need t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Hampton Inn White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge? Share your experiences!