“Nice Walk with Beautiful View”
Review of Quechee Gorge

Quechee Gorge
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Quechee
More attraction details
Owner description: Locals think of this 165-foot gap as "Vermont's Grand Canyon."
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We went for a walk in and around the Quechee Gorge. Fantastic View. Easy walk--lovely scenery. Nice woods.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Love the Quechee Gorge -- only 6 miles from our house so we usually go every day that we can. From the visitor's center you go down some steps and along a nice path. You come to a sign and can go left down the hill or a right takes you to the dam. You pass the dam and Deweys pond is on your right and the Ottoquechee river is on you left. Through this walk there are many different birds and wild flowers.
Sometimes we walk down the hill past rocks where you can swim (a small bench there) then you can hike up a narrow path up a small hill - go a little farther then loop back around on to the main trail. A great little walk and many times we do both walks.

1  Thank Suez5
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Quechee gorge is downright beautiful. It's easy to access by road or trail. There are plenty of parking options for people to either take a hike through the woods to get to the gorge, or to pull right up to it. You walk over a bridge to see the gorge + it's exhilarating. ((Warning for those with fear of heights: the bridge does "bounce" a bit when trucks roll over it)). Breathtaking views + a must see!

1  Thank CaitlinMarie85
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Simply Beautiful! I loved stopping here. You can park and walk out on the bridge and take in the beautiful views of the Gorge which is 163 feet down! Not for those afraid of heights probably. But, you can hike down the 1 to 1 1/2 mile trail and get to the bottom and take in the scenery that way. I have a sore foot and found that this was an easy hike down. It is slow and easy decline. it is gravel but on either side is pine needles to soften the walk. (the walk back up will take some time though) There is also a fence on the right side which I used quite a bit but that gave me a chance to stop several times on the way down to get amazing photos. If you do take the hike down, I advise you take some towels down with you becaue you can't help but get in the water once you see it. Or even wear a bathing suit. Everyone I was with ended up in the water. It was fun to watch!! I don't know if I would take little ones in the main area because the current is pretty swift! There are little pools of water around that are more calm for little ones. The water was COLD! But this was the clearest water I have ever seen. Would like to see it in the spring because I am sure the water is high and fast....

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We love the views from the bridge and the hike down is nice, little more work getting out... Well maintained trail and a few well placed benches. We were commenting that if this was NH there would most likely be a $15 fee to get in and walk around. Nice visitor center. Worth the stop if you are in the area.