“Not what I expected”
Review of Quechee Gorge

Quechee Gorge
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Quechee
More attraction details
Owner description: Locals think of this 165-foot gap as "Vermont's Grand Canyon."
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I still feel like I missed something somewhere, but I wasn't sure why everyone comes to this spot. I enjoyed the walk, but I can't say I was overly impressed.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

We loved the views and loved the route to Woodstock.

1  Thank SnorkelRagazza
Reviewed January 31, 2012

The Gorge can be viewed during all four seasons. In winter, it's beautiful & the river still flows very fast through it. The park visitor center is located off the main road.

1  Thank KarolB
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stopped here in January on the way to Manchester. Even though it had snowed we were still able to hike from the visiitor center down to the gorge. A map is availble. Once you reach the gorge you can hike down another 0.4 miles or up to the dam area about 0.5 miles. Due to limited time we went up. We were able to see the water fall and the bridge. You can also reach this area by parking at the gift shop across the street from the visitor's center. Just take the stairway on the left side of the building. Depending on how far you want to hike, plan for a few minutes up to 2 hours. I would have liked to stay longer.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I just love this place. It is good for a real workout hike if you want to go down in the gorge. You can also go on a nature walk. Traffic is busy on the bridge and road.