“Great food!!”

Putney Inn Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We loved the food. The soups and sauces were delicious. The bread was wonderful - especially the pumpkin bread at breakfast Sunday morning. The chicken was moist and tender. The chocolate mousse was unbelievable. The service was great. But I think I loved the atmosphere the most - so utterly charming.

1  Thank Lynn B

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Anyone can dine here-so if you are registered as guest, you do not get priorty-it is first come first serve. We did not want to 2 hours to eat-so we went else where.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

A luke warm cup of coffee is not a promising start to breakfast. Even after asking for hot coffee it was just OK. McDonalds has better coffee for half the price. The home fries were mushy and I like them crisp. We had eggs benedict which was just OK. There was no sign of toasting on the promise of toasted English muffins. Our friends were disappointed in their omelet. We will not return. For a $30 breakfast for two, you expect a lot more.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I used to eat here every single weekend moved out of the area for a bit and was looking forward to eating at "my old place"... New owners have spoiled a treasure. Service was slow (with a total of 5 people eating). We waited for over 30 minutes to even get menus or asked about a drink to start... I think they forgot they didnt take our order and not until I waved them over did they come. Food was lack luster, cheap (not in cost) and microwaved :( We had 2 egg & cheese on english muffins, homefries and 2 coffees... $18.96 later we left hungry. Big disappointment.

1  Thank Victoria S
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food, service and prices were all very disappointing...would not return... The service was very slow, the food was overpriced for the daily special and the bisque was only half of an average portion..We were out for a lovely Columbus day weekend leaf peepihg and this really experience really spoiled our day...we will not be returning or recommending this Inn to friends and family.