“A Breakfast MUST!”

Vermont Apple Pie Bakery and restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Allamuchy, New Jersey, United States
“A Breakfast MUST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I know good food. I've traveled to many places and had good food. When I find a family owned restaurant, nestled in a Vermont valley, that is sparkling clean, serves unique items, I take the time to stop and enjoy. I also love to travel in between seasons since I don't like tourists that don't respect the locals, and all the upset that goes with people flocking all at once to a place and then being mad because there are wait times

My husband and I did just what I described above, this past weekend. We were greeted and given a table immediately, I could tell the man owned the restaurant. Our server was his daughter, and she was wonderful. My husband ordered the Cinnamon Pancakes and I ordered the Apple Crisp Waffle.
Pricey? NO! They make fresh and delicious whipped cream, their Apple Crisp is delicious that is piled on the waffle and an extra amount on the side, the waffle is freshly made and sprinkled with Cinnamon. If you add up the cost of what they actually give you it isn't expensive. If you're comparing it to the Waffle House on the side of the highway, then you don't belong there anyway. You will never find ANYTHING remotely comparable to this anywhere Worth it? YES! My husbands Pancakes were so delicious he didn't even use the "Real" maple syrup they offered, he couldn't finish them and for the first time ever, we took the pancakes home with us and fought over who was going to finish them.

Upon leaving we asked about the pie's, they are expensive, we really didn't need a pie but they offered a half a pie (that was frozen) for $18. We bought it and I'm so happy we did. It was delicious from crust to filling. Those who complain about frozen pie's must forget there are season's in the north and if you are using local produce you must freeze the items. I can guarantee the action of freezing doesn't harm the flavor one bit!

We will be back!

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank Janette S

• Hebrew first
Hartford, Connecticut
“Charming Vermont Breakfast Spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I am a huge fan of breakfast and this place did not disappoint! They had an extensive menu considering it is breakfast food, every kind of pancake/waffle you can think of! I had the chocolate chip banana waffles! They were VERY good. The atmosphere is very cozy and pleasant. Definitely had a country Vermont charm to it! The service was mediocre as it seemed to be a one man show. Also be aware they prefer cash only but will take credit cards. We didn't know this til we got there and felt bad we only had credit. It is pricey for breakfast, but the portions are quite large. We were full enough from this breakfast to skip lunch that day! We would still come here again just for the food and atmosphere!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Natalie P
Torrington, Connecticut
“Big rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Do not be fooled by the cozy down home look of this place! it is a total rip off! You will wait in line 1hr. plus then be seated and wait another 20 min or so to get coffee. Prices are outrageous! after waiting we final left. owner /server couldn't care less very strange man. I think he is too cheap to pay help so tries to do it all himself. Whole pies cost $32.00. Are you kidding me? They look nice but for sure not worth it. Sign on front door says they take credit cards but prefer CASH who does this? Very tacky indeed. Beware !!!!!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank patticake2014
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Yum, yum, and yum!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We've been coming to the Okemo area for 20+ years and we have never been here. Stopped in for breakfast and sweet baby ducks was it amazing! The Apple Crisp Waffle was quite possibly the best breakfast waffle I have ever had. A single waffle topped with warm apple crisp, apple slices, cinnamon, and homemade whipped cream. Don't worry about carefully portioning out that apple crisp so you get some with every bite, they give you a side dish full of it and more of the fabulous whipped cream! Boyfriend got the chicken and waffles, the super sticky sauce for the waffles was divine, he said he's never had better chicken strips. Large portions in a small adorable country kitchen style dining room.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ashlyn R
boston, ma
“Great Breakfast and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Charming small place. The food was excellent, fresh and innovative. Service was attentive and anticipated requests. Large portions.

Visited October 2013