“Great food but pricey!”

Vermont Apple Pie Bakery and restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Read good things about this place and wanted to try it. It took us about an hour from entering to leaving for two people to order, eat, and pay on a Saturday around 8 a.m. in Oct. We and one other couple were the only ones there initially. Later, after we had eaten, a table of four arrived and maybe one other couple. Surprisingly, the server, apparently the husband of the cook, seemed harried with that small of a number to serve. He was a bit gruff, but not totally unfriendly.

The food was delicious - Belgian waffle with apples and cinnamon, bacon, omelet with ham, cheese, and mushrooms, toast, and one coffee, no juice. These were some of the less expensive items on the menu and the bill still ran $32.00 with tip. We thought that was pretty pricey for breakfast for two people and one coffee. We're glad we ate there because the food was outstanding, but not sure we'd do it again based on the price and slowness of service when there's no crowd.

The dining area is up a flight of steps, so if you can't climb steps, this isn't the place for you.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

During a recent vacation in the area, my wife and I stopped in for breakfast, and were WOWED! I had the apple/cinnamon pancakes that were large, but so light and delicious. The best I had ever eaten. My wife enjoyed the breakfast burrito that was perfectly constructed and so fresh and tasty! Full of fresh spinach, bacon, veggies and more, a great balance of flavors. Everything is cooked to order and comes out piping hot, well worth the short wait. We each had hot apple cider that we highly recommend. Great personable service by Charlie, the owner, and we had the pleasure of meeting his wife, the chef, and his daughter assisting in the kitchen. Totally spotless kitchen! They take lots of pride in what they do, and it shows. Charlie, thanks for taking time to give us visitor suggestions and directions! We returned the next day for a slice of their delicious homemade apple pie, and were glad we did. Would definitely return upon our next visit. Skip the others and go here. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stopped at this out of the way breakfast and lunch eatery on a whim. It was SO worth it! My husband had the chocolate lava pancakes. All I can say is YUM. I had apple crisp, and biscuits that were out if this world. The portion size was so large that we took 1/2 home and still skipped lunch that day!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stopped in here and got a terrific breakfast. Food was tasty and plentiful. Also, reasonably price. Make sure to have some warm spiced apple cider.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Thought our breakfast was so good on Monday, we went back again for more on Wednesday. Owned and run by a husband/wife team. She cooks and he serves! Owner brought out our coffee and tea as soon as we sat down. Portions are large and food is great. Also bought an apple pie for home - excellent! If ever in the area again, we would certainly go back.