“Found my marble”

Vermont Marble Museum
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Proctor
More attraction details
Owner description: Vermont Marble Museum is a hidden gem in Vermont! Come and discover how many buildings and monuments in Washington, D.C. have been built with Vermont marble. Learn about geology in our "Earth Alive" discovery room. Try your hand at marble sculpting with Allen Dwight - resident sculptor.See the original blueprints for the "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier" - and see the award winning film about the quarrying and carving of the Tomb.
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Our family also found this exhibit or museum was surprisingly fun and educational. (We just remodel the kitchen with granite and marble so it make sense to see where they came from.)
At the entrance there is a nice marble garden. Check it out before you go in.There is a beautiful galleries of marble sculptures and a a good film about the history of the place. My teens like the workshop where a craftsman was working on a piece of marble. The Hall of President’s were very popular.
The souvenirs were very popular with everyone.
Plan for 2+ hours for this visit.
We also walked over the the marble bridge which you have to cross from route 3 to this place. We also visited the Sutherland Falls Quarry. It is not a working quarry. It looks like very little visitor see this quarry but it is free and a short drive or walk for the marble exhibit.
Tip: we also visited the Maple Syrup Museum nearby and grip a good meal in Rutland, VT.

1  Thank Rich-in-NYC

Reviewed May 27, 2008

When I first found out this was going to be part of the tour I was really dissapointed I thought they could have found something better to do. that being said I was impressed on how beautfiul it was on the inside. mom and I di have a nice time with wine sampling and I did get this beautfiul red marble apple. so its ok I woulnd't go back to it but its a very nice inside and do have beautiful things .

2  Thank dianryana