“Salt Ash Inn”

Ranked #1 of 2 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Salt Ash Inn”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

• Service: Satisfactory, Friendly, Helpful. We stayed twice and will return.
• Room: Coolidge is best double room. We liked it very much - attractive, comfortable. Check choices on Web site.
• Location: Near: Okemo, Killington, Woodstock
• Breakfast on weekends: Plentiful and good
• Best = Value. Free Wi Fi. Worst = Minor repair sometimes needed.

Room Tip: Coolidge is best for a couple
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 4FHS4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Bed and Breakfast means a nice place to sleep and I expect a good breakfast in the morning. Well they did good pretty good with the breakfast, but they decided to add a common area (a bar) on the first floor and the noise carried right into our room. I was kept up until 2:00am! No a pleasant experience when I was on the mountain all day and needed to get a good night sleep for the next day of being back on the mountain. I would never recommend this B&B to a friend and will never go back again. Also the place was completely abandon when I got there. No one to welcome me and tell me where my room was, just a key in an envelop with my name on the front. Not a good way to start the experience and then things just got worse as I mentioned.

Room Tip: As far away from the bar as possible if you don't have any other B&B options.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

8 Thank Heidi N

Travelers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 7, 2013

After booking this place for the first time through Killington website, my friends and I really enjoyed staying at this place for every ski trip this past season there after. The owner is super friendly and accommodating. Its small and very clean, it makes you feel comfortable and cozy. They also have breakfast in the morning (did I mention they make fantastic scrambled eggs?). They also provide free wifi, although sometimes it may be because there was a full house and I was on the top floor it did not work as well, but as soon as I went downstairs I have access to it. The bar area is self serve. You can bring in your own beer or even keg and hook it up. There is also plenty of board games and a pool table for when you just want to cozy up and chill out after a long day of snow filled activities. I know maybe some people might complain about this but there's no cell phone signal available. I don't really care because I drive up from the craziness of NYC and it feels great to disappear off the grid for the weekend. You can also make calls through the landline if necessary. They are also super close to the gondola for Killington which is great! I really enjoyed my stay here and I'll probably be back again for the next ski season!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank KyoujiRan
Avon
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stopped at Salt Ash Inn and stayed on the way back from a ski vacation in Northern Vermont. We needed to be near Ludlow (Okemo) the next morning so Plymouth was a great location. The inn is absolutely charming. The room we staying in was small but beautifully decorated. The bed was comfortable and the Inn is committed to energy conservation (a nice touch). The room had a well appointed private bathroom. The price and location can't be beat. We traveled over to Woodstock for a spectacular dinner, but there are other restaurants much closer. We will definitely be returning. This is a great find.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dcaldharma
Kingston, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family and I accompanied a group of college students for a weekend of spring skiing with some nearby friends. The Salt Ash offered a great base of operations for Killington and a casual place to unwind in the evening. We slept well, ate well at breakfast, and had any and all of our questions answered by the friendly staff. The pool table, chess, and collection of games kept all ages engaged and away from screens for hours at a time. We highly recommend!

Room Tip: Plymouth room spacious and comfortable with big, updated bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank JMHrab
Bolton, Connecticut
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our second trip was as great as the first. The owner is very friendly and accommodating. The Inn is the quintessential Vermont experience, also very clean and comfortable. We loved the family style set-up that gave the kids their space while we had ours.

Room Tip: Plan ahead on where to dine since the Inn is not in close proximity to many restaurants.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank kate c
Storrs, Connecticut
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Al was extremely friendly and very welcoming. The room was great and the bed was very comfortable. I stayed with a group of friends and there was plenty to do, including pool, board games, and a great bar to bring your own drinks. Would definitely stay at the Salt Ash again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Chris N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Sleep Woodstock Motel
#1 of 2 in Perkinsville
Mountain Valley Retreat B&B
Mountain Valley Retreat B&B
#8 of 14 in Killington

Been to Salt Ash Inn? Share your experiences!