“A Lovely Memorable Experience”
Review of Swiss Farm Inn

and 1 more site!
Swiss Farm Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Pittsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2011

My husband and I decided to do the whole leaf peeping adventure in Vermont for Columbus Day weekend - despite the fact we live in Connecticut! Our room may have had a slightly creaky bed and the walls weren't as thick as they could have been, but we honestly didn't care. We loved the ambience, particularly in the common rooms. Loved eating healthy, wholesome meals communally and met some wonderful people from around the world at our table. We were located so well for peeping and exploring, and if we were skiers, we'd make it a winter stop as well. A charming Mountain getaway!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 19, 2011

My husband, myself, my three year old and another couple with a four year old stayed at the Swiss Farm over MLK weekend. We had an amazing time. The food was great and the company was even better. Roger and Joyce are great. The service couldn't be better and the food was super! We skied at Pico and it was only 10 miles away. We would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We went up to stay for 3 nights at the last minute before New Year's because Vermont had gotten snow . We were able to get 2 rooms because folks had canceled due to the blizzard . We stay here each ski season and would never stay anywhere else. It is the most welcoming Inn to stay at and very kid friendly and it is the ONLY affordable way to travel with four kids.(2 young teend and 2 younger ones) We forgot the kids helmets and gloves(very last minute trip) and the owners, Roger and Joyce were kind enough to lend us some so we didn't have to buy new ones! The food is amazing,the price is perfect. We always bring our laptop and DVD movies for the room if we decide not to sit in the main gathering room although I love to sit in front of the fireplace and read the paper. So,the service is great,hosts are like great neighbors ,food is great,rooms are clean and comfy and it is so affordable! We had to check out because they were booked but we will be back . What a fantastic way to end the year!

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Where to begin? We travel to Vermont about once a year from Phila./Allentown Penna. for a family ski vacation and meet some family from Ohio there as well. For years stayed at the wonderful Tupper Farm Lodge. The owners of the Tupper Farm retired from the B & B business a few years ago and recommended the Swiss Farm Inn to us and what an excellent choice! The ONE negative review posted here by the Ottawa folks had to have been a total communication break down because we have only ever had AMAZING experiences when staying at the Swiss Farm. The owners, Joyce & Roger, are very accommodating, personable, and have a great sense of humor. I love everything about this place... the rooms are fine, it's clean, and the FOOD IS UNREAL!!! I would highly and emphatically tell everyone/anyone to check out this home away from home in Pittsfield, VT. It is very inexpensive for what you get and I absolutely LOVE going there. We'll be heading back again in 6 weeks since we're lucky enough to do a second ski trip this year.
Many thanks to Roger, Joyce, kids, and the wonderful staff at the SWISS FARM INN!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I have stayed at Swiss Farm many times over the last years. As a Vermont native, I can say that staying here is like staying with family. The whole Inn reflects Vermont life...from the workworked signs to the cozy den, and including sharing the breakfast table with other guests. As I have family in the area, I oftem make last minute reservations, and travel late to avoid traffic. The Stevens family has always been very flexible when it comes to making my reservations, have accomodated many late arrivals, and even added extra days or rooms to my rental without any issues. All of this combined with a great place to rest your head, that is clean, comfortable and affordable makes Swiss Farm a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank JennInJersey
Reviewed February 11, 2008

We just got back from another stay at Swiss Farm Inn and it is the most enjoyable,relaxing,laid back Inn that you could ask for. The food is awesome, Killington is nearby and the hospitality is unbelievable.

The rooms are immaculate and breakfast (my favorite!) and dinner is great.The best thing is that the kids are welcomed and are free. In the summer we had a family reunion there and rented out all of the rooms.Roger and Joyce go out of their way each and everytime. We often see the same people there as there is no other place in the Killington area that gives you so much for the value.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed November 21, 2007

I read the review by "Mel_CA" and felt compelled to respond. The Swiss Farm Inn is terrific. I'm a skier and loved the hospitality, ambiance, and of course the food. I stayed there last February for two nights and plan to stay there again this year. It's convenient to Killington and I left on the last day and drove down to Okemo on the way home to NJ. When I was there with a friend, it was pretty much packed with skiers and families. Everyone there had a great time.

I have no idea what Mel expected, but his review is waaaay off base.

Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank NJ_skier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
#4 of 5 in Pittsfield
Fox Creek Inn
Fox Creek Inn
#1 of 1 in Chittenden

Been to Swiss Farm Inn? Share your experiences!