We stayed for three nights mid-week at the start of the fall foliage season. The Amee Lodge is at a very good location - central to many little villages and the Green Mountains, and there is a 'General Store' less than 5 min of the lodge that makes great meals of all sizes and tastes.
The especial pros woth highlighting: this is a great lodge that has been interestingly renovated - it has a LOT of character. It is even nicer than the images on their web site. The rooms are big and there seems to be a good selection of them - which was perfect for us as it allowed flexibility in how long we wanted to stay. The staff are extremely helpful and have a lot of tips about the local area. There are plenty of general living area that the visitors can use - and the balcany is great for relaxing.
We did not feel there were any real cons. The beds were on the hard side hence average for sleep quality.
A few additional pieces of information may be worth sharing:
* the lodge is definitely more of a 'lodge' than a B&B in ambience and the way it is run. Also, at weekends it is often a venue for events (retreats, weddings, etc).
* the lodge is ran by staff as opposed to directly by the owners. To us, the communicaton between the staff seemed seamless and by speaking to different people we got a range of tips and information about the local area - we thought this a bonus.
* during mid-week, when the lodge is quieter, the deal could be described as 'bed and coupon'. The 'coupon' is a ticket for a great breakfast at the 'General Store' and anyone getting the 'B&C' should consider themselves lucky - we loved this!!
Overall, we had a very good stay. The mid-week price was a bargain and we would most definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on scenic Route 100 in the heart of Vermont’s Green Mountains, the Amee Farm Lodge is relaxed country elegance at its best. The fully restored grand Vermont farmhouse features 15 deluxe guest rooms with wide-planked pine floors and comfortable beds with white, soft linens. The modern bathrooms have big granite showers with rain showerheads and updated fixtures. There are several spacious common areas, including an inviting wrap-around porch with Adirondack chairs for admiring the scenery and the resident farm animals. The property boasts 40 scenic acres complete with working farm, two ponds, hiking and biking trails, close to golf and skiing, and has magnificent views of the Vermont Green Mountain's from any corner of this Vermont estate. We are located 15 minutes away from Killington Ski Resort, and 10 minutes from the Green Mountain National Golf Course. In the warmer month we rent out road bikes, and we also run multi-day bike tours (in conjunction with our partner Great Bike Tours). ... more less