“Suprisingly Good Small Mountain”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bromley Mountain

Bromley Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Peru
More attraction details
Owner description: Winter is for skiers and boarders; summer is for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy a variety of activities including golf and America's longest "Alpine Slide", at this mountain, a favorite with the locals.
Boston, Massachusetts
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Suprisingly Good Small Mountain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

I was here MLK weekend after friends who spend more time in the area convinced us not to bother with the lift lines over at Stratton. Since Bromley is known as a family friendly mountain, I expected to be disappointed, since I usually like more challenging terrain or at least mountains with a higher vertical. I have to say though, I was pleasnetly surprised. The lift lines were quite short, so I got more skiing in than I would have otherwise. I'd rather get more less challenging runs in then spend my date waiting in line at a big mountain. Since it is more family friendly, it seemed to me that the more difficult terrain off to the right side was much less crowded and made for wide open trails that were great to ski on, even during a holiday weekend. Finally, since it's south facing, when the sun is straight on the mountain all day.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank Adam R

Boston, Massachusetts
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 405 helpful votes
“southern exposure mountain”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

Nice watchtower for foliage viewing. Skiing is on mostly easy trails,however like most south exposed mountains it is warmer. Good grooming minimal challenge.

1 Thank brownfootedboobie
Milton, Vermont
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Pricey but a lot of fun.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

Luckily when i went, all the rides were open. It was a fun day overall, but a bit overpriced. We paid for the all day pass which is $40 per person . Plus an extra $15 per person to ride the zip line once each. We made sure to each go on at least 10 rides so it would be only $5 a ride. I had to ride the Alpine slide 7 times to get to 10 rides. There were lots of rides for my 8 year old.

Water slide is dark and fast for little ones I agree.

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 271 helpful votes
“Our family loved the alpine slide...but other attractions were for the younger set”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

We visited Bromley Mountain Sun Mountain in Peru on a drive vacation Sat, June 26th with two of our kids ages 11 and 15.
We were looking for a zip line and some sort of outdoor park and after doing some research on Vermont picked Bromley.
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and got 4 tickets included in our nights stay. This was good value and made this all doable, buecause we found this place to be waaaay too expensive for what it was.
The price is 39.00pp.
We paid $174.99 at Holiday Inn Express Spingfield VA for the Bromley Family Package and a nights stay. This included the cost of 4 tickets(which is $156.00 for 4), so this was a great deal we thought.
On getting to the mountain which opens at 10am, you will find that you pay $15.00 extra is you have passes, (if you do not have passes, you pay more) for the zip line. That meant $60.00 more. Ok...well, we did the zip line once each. It was fun...going down the mountain.
If you have back problems, I do not recommend it, as in the end, you are stopped by many "coils" which stop the zip line....it sort of reverberates up your spine....It did hurt my back initially...but after 30 min or so, I felt better.
The Alpine Slide was a lot of fun. You control your speed. You take a chair lift to get you to the top and then you take a chair yourself from an area before the slide, and place it on the cement slide. There is only one slide you can do if you have never done it before, and it also posts, if you are a slower slider, to use that slide only.
My two boys and hubby used the others after their initial slide and said it was a bit faster. I only used the first one. It is a nice long ride down which makes it worth the long, but pleasant climb on the chair lift to the top.
There was a water slide, but very small, not big enough for the 15 year old or us adults. There is a swing ride, but the kids said it was just ok. The other things there are meant for just the little ones....we did not play the mini putt as it started to rain at about 1:30pm. they close the Alpine Slide as apparently the little charis do not stop well on the cement if it is wet.
We also ate lunch here...expensive. They have an area inside with not much selection...fries, onion rings, sausages, hot dogs, or chicken nuggests. I believe they can also make you a grilled cheese. They have a fridge with pre-made salads and a couple of wraps.
There is an ice cream stand with soft serve. They also had a bar open as well.
If it was not so expensive....then this would have gotten a better rating from us, but with 4 of us it would have cost us $156.00 for the day pass, another $60 for just one zip line ride, $58.00 for our little lunch and then another few for ice cream. pretty expensive. If the zip line was included, it would have been better value. Of course they could not control the weather, after 1:30pm we left, as the rain was not letting up....and we really could only use either the mini putt or the Alpine slide...
Cute spot, and most workers were friendly, and if you could get a good deal, it would be a great fun day out. Driving all those miles to get there....well....not as good a value, but seeing Vermont along the way, was beautiful

5 Thank trip-together
Rensselaer NY
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Great budget mountain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

Bromley is my favorite "cheap" mountain. They are much cheaper than most places and often have great deals during the week. The conditions are always great, never icy. The mountain is not that large and trails tend to be on the easier side. Many famililes go to this mountain and it is probably a good place to learn to ski or ride. The lodge is not that great, but I never spend mch time in lodges anyway- it does have a little fireplace which is nice. Overall, this is a great budget mountain.

1 Thank KristaJ